The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

WOW Doc ... That's usin your noodle, you're a pretty fart smeller after-all !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

That's exactly what I did without even seeing your reply. I ground a taper on the old pin, put that in the right side then drove the new one in from the left with the nut on loosely so I wouldn't bugger up the threads. I got it to the point that it drove the old pin out and couldn't get it any further. I had to wait until wifey got home to tap it through the rest of the way while I lined it up. I'm all set now except I'd loosened that 9/16 adjuster bolt that's right below the arm from the trip springs. I didn't know if that would help line things up or not but was desperate, lol. Now I just need to adjust it back so the plow sits properly the next time I put it on the truck. I removed it and it's setting on the garage floor for easy hook-up. It can be a bit of a pain to get the plow on if I drop it on my uneven gravel. I liked the chain hoist on my old Fisher because all I needed to do was get close and chain up to the hoist and I could move the plow around and line it up.

Thanks for the help Doc! Better working conditions where I didn't have to keep climbing over the plow to get to the other side, the right tools and a helper would have made it a lot easier.

P.S. - I had a round bar that I could get in and wiggle around but the diameter is a little bit too small so I couldn't quite get it lined up. Wifey was my savior!

Last edited:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

and the threaded end goes on the right side of the tower

Thanks. I don't know why it matters but I saw that in a post on another site that it did. A lot of guys like the old style pins better because they could just weld washers onto them. On the new style ones once the bolt breaks you need a new pin.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

by the laws of physics, if you put the pin in from the right, after about 40 or 50 wing outs the nut would start to back of the threads.....even if you used lock tight, it didnt matter

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

I don't understand why it would loosen the nut but I'll take your word for it while I think about it.

Here's the last photo I took. Sorry I didn't take more Boobala. I'll try to do better next time.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

I figured it out. Woo hoo! When the plow goes out in scoop mode the weight of it causes it to go down a bit, which for the left side would be a counter-clockwise direction. I wouldn't have thought of that.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 253,620

Total views 718

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.

sunrise 75.jpg