The Daily Yardman Thread

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

by not taking any payment, I can not be accused as a business....loop hole. In town the people pay me and a few other fire fighters who do the same thing I do in other ways......lots of free coffee and bagels from the deli lady, if you know what I mean........

And don't make something dirty about that Boo......I'm watching you

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Got to looking at my 17.5 HP Murray today as I was getting the deck finished for seasonal maintenance, I never use water on my mowers, to wash ( a damp-rag wipe-down only) they are always covered when not in use, and I NEVER mow wet/damp grass, and I'm very up on my maintenance, yet without fail that ol Gremlin rust is lurking in a few spots on the frame rails,

PROOF ! ... RUST NEVER SLEEPS ! ............ this WAS the muffler on my 21HP Murray when I first bought it !

View attachment 36776
that looks like a jersey muffler! LOL, around here, you can hear things rust on a quiet night

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

by not taking any payment, I can not be accused as a business....loop hole. In town the people pay me and a few other fire fighters who do the same thing I do in other ways......lots of free coffee and bagels from the deli lady, if you know what I mean........

And don't make something dirty about that Boo......I'm watching you

Aww schitt Doc, YOU read my mind ........ I coulda posted ...:ban: .. :laughing:..:laughing:

coffee & bagels ...... Uh HUH !!! .. :thumbsup:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

That does indeed sound like a nightmare to plow in NJ. My insurance company has never asked me any specifics about my accounts. I do quite a bit of free plowing myself. Mostly just hitting the aprons of friends and neighbors, but I do a couple whole driveways for free as well. One is an neighbor couple in their 80s. He has offered to pay me but I won't accept it. The agreement is that when he dies, which could be quite a while - he's pretty healthy - his propane generator goes to me. They heat their house 100% with wood which keeps him in shape. They even have a wood-fired kitchen stove. They do have a small electric stove as well but they rarely use it.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Got a new cell phone. Motorola G5 plus. Wow, that's what a phone is supposed to work like I guess. I didn't really need it but I got it so I can fulfill Boobala's request for photo documentation of my Boss plow. The camera on my old phone just wasn't up to the task. Lol, but really, my G3 was having issues, memory was always full, battery life sucked and was just a bad version overall. Reminded me of Microsoft's ME edition. There was no fixing it. My 2nd generation one was fine until I dropped it in water.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Battery recycling

The Chev C10 battery would kind of take a charge after sitting for several years.
So, I have had some chemicals and a "special" charger from Battery doctors sitting around (donated by my son-in-law,
who was gonna do battery recycling as a business.)
Put the chemical in and the charger is charging....we'll see if if the desulphating process will work..........
Maybe save a few $$$$$ and delay the inevitable.

Received the replacement battery tray today.
The ebay fit finder said it would NOT work with my C10, but it LOOKED right (and super cheap compared to others...)
Well, it fits fine. Just missing i hole for securing the coolant overflow tank.
I can take care of that.............

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Battery recycling

The Chev C10 battery would kind of take a charge after sitting for several years.
So, I have had some chemicals and a "special" charger from Battery doctors sitting around (donated by my son-in-law,
who was gonna do battery recycling as a business.)
Put the chemical in and the charger is charging....we'll see if if the desulphating process will work..........
Maybe save a few $$$$$ and delay the inevitable.

Received the replacement battery tray today.
The ebay fit finder said it would NOT work with my C10, but it LOOKED right (and super cheap compared to others...)
Well, it fits fine. Just missing i hole for securing the coolant overflow tank.
I can take care of that.............

If ya need a "hole".... there's plenty around where I live, just hollar, I'll send a few !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

If ya need a "hole".... there's plenty around where I live, just hollar, I'll send a few !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

I actually keep plenty of hole stock on the shelf.
Just select the proper size, cut to length and press in place.
Comes in smooth and threaded.
This particular application called for 5/16-18 threaded hole stock.
Got plenty, thanx..............

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I actually keep plenty of hole stock on the shelf.
Just select the proper size, cut to length and press in place.
Comes in smooth and threaded.
This particular application called for 5/16-18 threaded hole stock.
Got plenty, thanx..............

Yeah, ...... good thing, cause I just checked to find what was available, seem's all of em had an appointment with a proctologist !

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

What the....wind chill advisory for us tomorrow, lol.