The Daily Yardman Thread

primerbulb120

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

It's about 90 degrees here and I mowed three yards. Supposed to rain this afternoon.

I'm looking at buying ~35 more trimmers and edgers this afternoon at about $5 each.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

It's about 90 degrees here and I mowed three yards. Supposed to rain this afternoon.

I'm looking at buying ~35 more trimmers and edgers this afternoon at about $5 each.

HMMmmm let's see now, that should make your grand total ABOUT, ... 974 trimmer's this past year alone ! you're pretty close to being KING of the trimmers in Florida, you'll be in the Guiness book of Records pretty soon !! .. ..:thumbsup:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Clyde, your sweetie is gonna divorce ya ! .. :confused2:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Got to looking at my 17.5 HP Murray today as I was getting the deck finished for seasonal maintenance, I never use water on my mowers, to wash ( a damp-rag wipe-down only) they are always covered when not in use, and I NEVER mow wet/damp grass, and I'm very up on my maintenance, yet without fail that ol Gremlin rust is lurking in a few spots on the frame rails,

PROOF ! ... RUST NEVER SLEEPS ! ............ this WAS the muffler on my 21HP Murray when I first bought it !

DSCN1361.jpg

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Don't try "snow-ballin" us with pics of scenery, THE PLOW... we want pictures of the PLOW-BLADE... top, bottom, sides, hoses, controls, and anything else ON the blade, blood, skin, hair, clothing, car fenders, trash-cans, tree trunks, delivery truck parts, etc. .... :laughing:..:laughing:
Ended up plowing the lanes and main loading dock at the factory lot plus 4 aprons on the way there. We got about 6 inches, 3 on asphalt. It's pretty much gone now.

I'll be happy to put up pics when I actually do something to fix the plow.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ended up plowing the lanes and main loading dock at the factory lot plus 4 aprons on the way there. We got about 6 inches, 3 on asphalt. It's pretty much gone now.

I'll be happy to put up pics when I actually do something to fix the plow.

RELAX Darryl, you ought to know by now, I'm just bustin your chops buddy ! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

I know. I usually fix things pretty promptly but I keep thinking the plowing season is over and I wanted to rehab the plow all at once, just not now.

Despite the many storms we've had this season it hasn't been a very good season for me as far as income goes, being they've mostly been small storms below my "trigger" amount. I have mostly residential customers, several of them having gravel driveways, so for most storms I've only been plowing the factory lot and 4 low tolerance residential properties. Plowing commercial properties isn't a very good fit for a one man, one truck operation.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 252,167

Total views 1105

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.
sunrise 73.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Gooooood Morning Chuck ! .. bec29127caff6df4d3664cc786f5c103.jpg

Hy Guys !! .. mechanic.jpg

thought 4 2day : tumblr_me2h6cWMpZ1qzhq75o1_500.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

I know. I usually fix things pretty promptly but I keep thinking the plowing season is over and I wanted to rehab the plow all at once, just not now.

Despite the many storms we've had this season it hasn't been a very good season for me as far as income goes, being they've mostly been small storms below my "trigger" amount. I have mostly residential customers, several of them having gravel driveways, so for most storms I've only been plowing the factory lot and 4 low tolerance residential properties. Plowing commercial properties isn't a very good fit for a one man, one truck operation.
plowing in NJ has become a nightmare, between insurance hikes and consumer affairs has been trying to put a cap on pricing, and finding people that can plow without destroying the truck and plow is damn near impossible. You have to register the business, you need a general contractors lic, the insurance company wants dimensions and photos of the lots/driveways that are plowed.......I only plow my driveway these days, and the church.....also swipe clean a few driveways of people in town who cant do it themselves or are without the funds to pay someone. I take no payment, when someone wants to give me money I tell them to donate it to the firehouse.....(I need a new turnout coat, LOL)