Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Good morning Boo, Toyotas are dependable

primerbulb120

Lawn Addict
Threads

My father still drives his 87 Camry to work every day (about 45 minutes) and uses it to tow his boat across the state to go fishing. 320,000 miles and counting. :thumbsup:

My truck is a 94 Ford. 190,000 on it but most of those were put on by the previous owner since I only drive 3 to 5 miles per day. I had to rebuild the transmission earlier this year, but it's been dependable other than that.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
A Ford GT-40 runs the Alantic Road and the Artic Raceway - (Norway)

I was just going to send this to Boo-Boo for his enjoyment, but the scenery is so beautiful (like Maine in parts) and the car is so perfect for the road and the race track, that I thought maybe all you guys would enjoy watching all 11 minutes and 15 seconds of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJVlhvyLmPw

Enjoy,

Roger

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I drive a '97 F150 that I purchased new.
266.000+ miles on it.
When it had 250k or so, I used it to pull my 5k# or so loaded trailer 8 trips from/to Florida to south Mississippi.
Cost me 1 transmission, which I STILL believe was the fault of a repair shop in north Fla.
While pulling a load of belongings, it developed a mill under load.
Probably a coil pack, I thought.
Went to a repair place (National chain) and, rather than put their computer on it, they
set the emergence brake,put 'er in gear and stomped the gas, trying to get it to throw a code.
What they DID do was to blow out the front tranny seal..............

Ah, well, I couldn't prove it, so I was on the hook for $3grand, PLUS the replacement of the coil pack.....
I was right to begin with. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway, I have procrastinated long enough.
I'm setting off on a 10 mile get-to-know-your-bike ride.
See how the knee is gonna handle it. (Had my first of three rooster comb shots yesterday....)

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Replys

Doc,

You are a very busy boy, you sound a lot like me, only on steroids. I can stick at things like jobs and even lousy marriages, a lot longer than you, but now that I'm retired, I feel like I missed learning a lot of the vocations that interested me over the years. Since I retired I've gotten into wood-working, welding, metal-working, and mechanical work - (hence, my association with you guys). Of course there were numerous avocations along the way, but like you, once I learned all I wanted to know about them, I usually moved on to something new and different.

I've seen Boo's Toyota and he's telling the truth (for once) it does look almost new.. He takes care of it like it was his favorite daughter.

My favorite truck as the '99 F-150 that Becky and I took when we toured the US and Canada. It had 125,000 miles on it when we left and we put 46,000 more miles on it during that trip. It had 210,000 on it when I traded it in for a 2004 Lariat. I put 125,000 on that truck and then sold it to my son-in-law.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oct. 5, 2017

Today's stats:

Views to date: 98,032.
Number of days remaining until Oct. 31, 2017 - 27
Number of days since this thread was started - 338
Average number of views per day since inception: 290
Estimated number of views between now and 10/31/17 - 7,831
Estimated number of views on 10/31/17 - 105,863
Number of views received in the last 24 hours - 720
Average increase in views over the last 8 days - 459
Estimated number of views on 10/31/17 after computing the increase in views over the past 8 days. - 110,425
Estimated time it will take until my remaining brain cells go up in smoke - About another week or so..

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

I don't keep things long, especially cars and trucks, I either wear them out or just sell them. I have had a few that I really miss though. Here is a photo of a few I miss.
my 89 F150 Plow truck
IMG_6287.JPG
1985 Ford F600 work truck
003.jpg
my 39 Ford Coupe
001 (2).jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
PLC controllers

Doc,

We were using PLC's and even more interesting, - to me anyway, - 'variable frequency drives' for pumps, etc.. by the time we closed the business up.

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yeah I stand by by the statement about Toyota being dependable (although I DON'T discount that at times they too have had their issues) I forgot to mention, it still gets the same gas mileage as when I first bought it (actually a little better since i use Lucas fuel treatment religously,) about 29mpg. in town and about 33 on the Xways , knock wood the the HVAC is still functioning as new, NEVER been touched except for a "mode-control" unit under the dash which was a PITA to change-out. Most everything is easily accessable BUT there are a few disappointments ( the fuel filter, and an EGR system valve ( mounted behind the motor mount,which I re-located to the upper firewall,) and the inner door handles which on occasion do break ( cheap-*** plastic) pushing @ 180,000 mi. but there was a Toyota High-Miler club down in South Florida that had many Toyota Camry's with over 300,00 mi. without a complete O/H , some like mine, never even had the valves adjusted ( from what I understand THAT is a real task to endure !!) might be easier to replace the cylinder head and have them adjusted at a shop that REALLY knows how to do a correct job of it ! I do get a small puff of white smoke when starting (only from standing overnight) that leads me to believe the valve seals are leaking slightly, BUT it doesn't burn oil and only uses a few oz. every other month ( acceptable to me ) Wifey is thinkin bout replacing her Ford Windstar van (2000 model) which needs significant work to be done (beyond my capabilities) with a NEW Kia Soul, They seem to be another dependable car from the people we talked with that own one. We'll see, got other priorities ya know, OK guys enough for now...... Later ... ( ya'll act Intelligent ...PLEASE !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I don't keep things long, especially cars and trucks, I either wear them out or just sell them. I have had a few that I really miss though. Here is a photo of a few I miss.
my 89 F150 Plow truck
View attachment 34410
1985 Ford F600 work truck
View attachment 34411
my 39 Ford Coupe
View attachment 34412

Well Doc , ya blew it when ya un-lloaded the gorgeous Ford coupe, NICE Sunday "go to the Fair" car !! ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup: