The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Boo,

You're right, of course, but the pressing question remains - Who's gonna pay for it?

Rog

By no means am I a financial wizard, but I would surmise that a change in fiscal policy ( such as the recoup of "stolen/misplaced funds", fraudulent expenses,and the changes needed in "foreign-aid" would more than pay for the wall ) ... MEXICO pay for the wall..?? well the way I see it, is money isn't necessarily involved, I 'm sure you've heard the expressions, "you'll pay for this !! and PAYBACKS are HELL !! As we all well know, our Government has it's own unique way of "moving money around", such as our SOCIAL-SECURITY funds, and of course those "hidden" SLUSH-FUNDS !! Personally I don't give a damn who pays for it, so long as it get's built to improve control of our border.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Danuser 3-point hitch attachment auger

Doc,

Here's the tool of your dreams... Buy one of these and you too can quit work at 3 PM and settle in with the Martin Bros on "Iron Resurrection" and a cold raspberry ice tea...

Sorry about the narrator, he sounds like NorthBama, or Boo-Boo when they've been tipping a couple, but you can understand 'most' of what he's sayin'.. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpJ_1eRxbzo

Rog
if I had to listen to that guy talk for more than two minutes, somebody would be dead....js

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Doc,

Thanks for the kudos re: my flag pole, but where is yours? I thought if I showed you mine, you'd . . . . well, you know.

You keep working out like that and someday you'll end up like me!! I can still dead lift 20 pounds, but then I can't walk with it or my knees will give out! . . . LOL

My BIG job for the day was to remove the storm door from our "front" door - (faces the ocean) - and then pull the 'Brick Molding' trim off from around the original door. (It had some rot at the bottom where the wood came into contact with the cement footer. (Open basement side of the house.)

I decided to make my own 'Brick molding' out of P/T lumber so it will not rot again in what time I have left to worry about it.

Using clear P/T 2X4's I planed them down to 1-1/4" thickness and then cut them to 2-1/4" width, as the original stock 2" molding had 1/4" strips scabbed on it to make the storm door fit properly. Using the table saw I removed a slat leaving a 1" wide plane running the length of the face of the stock and then using a couple different router bits I created my own 'Brick Molding' look. Once I knew I had a means of recreating the molding myself, I decided to quit for the day, I have to go and pick up some "Great Stuff", some exterior "Construction Glue" and some good caulking, (I use Alex 25 year caulk), so that when everything is installed it will be sealed up and weatherproof.

Came in the house, turned on the TV and watched a couple auto restoration shows, poured myself a glass of raspberry ice tea and had a handful of cheese crackers... Ahhhh, life is good!

Tomorrows another day..

Roger
I did, it's in one of my pictures from page 147.....basically HO before me made it out of 3 10 foot pieces of 1 inch threaded pipe, but I have a friend who supplies flag poles for the US Government and he is making me a 35' aluminium mast, I just need to build the base first

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

By no means am I a financial wizard, but I would surmise that a change in fiscal policy ( such as the recoup of "stolen/misplaced funds", fraudulent expenses,and the changes needed in "foreign-aid" would more than pay for the wall ) ... MEXICO pay for the wall..?? well the way I see it, is money isn't necessarily involved, I 'm sure you've heard the expressions, "you'll pay for this !! and PAYBACKS are HELL !! As we all well know, our Government has it's own unique way of "moving money around", such as our SOCIAL-SECURITY funds, and of course those "hidden" SLUSH-FUNDS !! Personally I don't give a damn who pays for it, so long as it get's built to improve control of our border.

One months naco money would pay for building a wall but then the sheriff would have to go back to writing traffic tickets to fund his department.
The whole idea of a wall is a joke.
It did not stop the Germans in Berlin
It did not protect the Chinese
It did not protect Celts
Hell it could not even stop rabbits down here.
And it won't stop the Mexicans
Extreme poverty drives extreme measures
Close the border with a wall and all that will happen is the desperately poor will not come across to pick crops and do other menial under paid jobs.
So the only people coming across the border will be real criminals who can afford to pay bribes , fly light aircraft or bring in drugs by the jumbo jet load.
Food prices will just about double
The problem is corperate greed, not Mexican wetbacks and idiot ideas like the "war on drugs" which just like the booze prohibition that created massive crime organizations in the northern states.
The war on drugs created the most powerful and wealthy criminal organizations ever in the history of the planet in the USA to feed the demand for substances from citizens of the USA that the government of the USA says they are not allowed to have.

Troll around the web for a series of 1 hour doccos "how to make money selling drugs" you should find them pirated on EWE tube.
They are a bit old so you could safely multiply the $ values by 10.

At the peak of the "boat people" we had 30,000 people arrive here by boat.
We had 160,000 who arrived by plane on a short term visa and never left.
Of those a least 1/2 would have been either criminals who lied ( & Bribed ) their own government to get a visa then again pay criminal networks to protect them down here..
It costs the Aust government over $ 500,000 for each person they prevent arriving by boat, one of the big ( but never mentioned ) reasons why the budget is in the red.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

SAT, Aug. 26, 6:00 A.M. Eastern time ....... So nice to visit the forum and AMAZINGLY , NO-SPAM ..yet !!

:dance1: ..:banana: ..:cool2: ..:confused3:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I did, it's in one of my pictures from page 147.....basically HO before me made it out of 3 10 foot pieces of 1 inch threaded pipe, but I have a friend who supplies flag poles for the US Government and he is making me a 35' aluminium mast, I just need to build the base first

Doc,

I found it! I apologize.. I saw the picture, but evidently not what was in it!.. Like everything else, I'll just blame it on old age.. That seems to work for a lot of things..

I have a beautiful, tapered aluminum mast here that Becky's father had installed with a long arm and a yard light that we never use. (The light has been dead for over 20 years.) I'd love to put in a cement anchor base down by the shore and turn it into a great flag pole, but I doubt I ever will.. Plus where I'd like to have it is presently occupied by a large pine tree and we aren't allowed to cut any trees that close to the water.

I'll look forward to seeing your new flag pole..

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

One months naco money would pay for building a wall but then the sheriff would have to go back to writing traffic tickets to fund his department.
The whole idea of a wall is a joke.
It did not stop the Germans in Berlin
It did not protect the Chinese
It did not protect Celts
Hell it could not even stop rabbits down here.
And it won't stop the Mexicans
Extreme poverty drives extreme measures
Close the border with a wall and all that will happen is the desperately poor will not come across to pick crops and do other menial under paid jobs.
So the only people coming across the border will be real criminals who can afford to pay bribes , fly light aircraft or bring in drugs by the jumbo jet load.
Food prices will just about double
The problem is corperate greed, not Mexican wetbacks and idiot ideas like the "war on drugs" which just like the booze prohibition that created massive crime organizations in the northern states.
The war on drugs created the most powerful and wealthy criminal organizations ever in the history of the planet in the USA to feed the demand for substances from citizens of the USA that the government of the USA says they are not allowed to have.

Troll around the web for a series of 1 hour doccos "how to make money selling drugs" you should find them pirated on EWE tube.
They are a bit old so you could safely multiply the $ values by 10.

At the peak of the "boat people" we had 30,000 people arrive here by boat.
We had 160,000 who arrived by plane on a short term visa and never left.
Of those a least 1/2 would have been either criminals who lied ( & Bribed ) their own government to get a visa then again pay criminal networks to protect them down here..
It costs the Aust government over $ 500,000 for each person they prevent arriving by boat, one of the big ( but never mentioned ) reasons why the budget is in the red.

Bert,

You remind me of my Brother-in-law. You both have a way of cutting to the chase. It's not what a lot of folks want to hear, they love the idea of a sealed off border, but of course you are 100% correct, it will never work.

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Danuser 3-point hitch attachment auger

if I had to listen to that guy talk for more than two minutes, somebody would be dead....js

I knew you'd like it! He was the high point of the ad too...

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Boo,

Originally, I was under the impression that cuts in aid to Mexico, or other 'financial creativity' involving monies Mexico would otherwise be receiving, would be used to build "The Wall".

However, unfortunately, I'm afraid it's usefulness other than it's imposing appearance and the 'comfort' that offers, will be limited. I have to agree with history and Bert. It is a complicated and many faceted problem that a simple 'wall' won't cure.

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo,

Originally, I was under the impression that cuts in aid to Mexico, or other 'financial creativity' involving monies Mexico would otherwise be receiving, would be used to build "The Wall".

However, unfortunately, I'm afraid it's usefulness other than it's imposing appearance and the 'comfort' that offers, will be limited. I have to agree with history and Bert. It is a complicated and many faceted problem that a simple 'wall' won't cure.

Rog

Since MY comments, would only lead to a political orgy of mayhem and chaos, it's better I make ... NO COMMENT !!