Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

wall is taking longer than I thought it would
IMG_5424.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Well you have obviously never been to Melbourne.
Local saying " If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes "
Roughly the same most days give or take 20 minutes.
Went to see Book of Mormon, good show dinner out , parking ticket on return, snow on car roof, melted due to heat from my head.
Family birthday so I do the trip 3 or 4 times a year depending upon work load & need to acquire brownie points.

Aye Bert, but you're a good lad to be puttin' up with such schitt just t'please the family. No doubt but that you'll be in Heaven someday fer yer kindnesses.. (If read with a Scottish lilt it runs along better..)

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

that fence took me three weeks to put in, did every post hole by hand, something like 200 posts all together

Doc, With all the machinery you have, you're going to tell me you don't own a Danzer bit for drilling fence post holes?!?!?

Having cut fence posts, drilled and chiseled the holes, split and trimmed rails and then dug the holes - (for more like 20 posts, not 200!) I would have bought an earth drill long before I got 200 of them done!

Jus' sayin'.....

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Flag Poles!!

I am going to replace the flag pole next month and do something with the base of it...right now it looks terrible

How about All Hands posting pictures of their flag poles?? I cut mine one Fall. (Nice fairly straight spruce tree.) Dragged it home and barked it and then set it up on two sawhorses in the boat shed when we headed South. Next Spring the pole was nice and dry. I smoothed the pole with a spoke shave and a plane and then finally a sander. Primed it and then put two coats of a decent exterior paint on it. The ball on top was a wooden ball made to go on top of a newel post. I cut the large tenon off it and then replaced it with a 3/4" dowel that also goes down into the top of the pole. The eye-bolt for the pulley, ended up passing through the 3/4" dowel when I drilled the top of the pole.

I made the brackets out of 2" stock and then made backers inside the garage to support them with 1/2" and 3/8" threaded-rod-bolts.

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN1595_561.jpg
    DSCN1595_561.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 7

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Flag Poles!!

How about All Hands posting pictures of their flag poles?? I cut mine one Fall. (Nice fairly straight spruce tree.) Dragged it home and barked it and then set it up on two sawhorses in the boat shed when we headed South. Next Spring the pole was nice and dry. I smoothed the pole with a spoke shave and a plane and then finally a sander. Primed it and then put two coats of a decent exterior paint on it. The ball on top was a wooden ball made to go on top of a newel post. I cut the large tenon off it and then replaced it with a 3/4" dowel that also goes down into the top of the pole. The eye-bolt for the pulley, ended up passing through the 3/4" dowel when I drilled the top of the pole.

I made the brackets out of 2" stock and then made backers inside the garage to support them with 1/2" and 3/8" threaded-rod-bolts.

Roger
Really nice Rog.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Doc, With all the machinery you have, you're going to tell me you don't own a Danzer bit for drilling fence post holes?!?!?

Having cut fence posts, drilled and chiseled the holes, split and trimmed rails and then dug the holes - (for more like 20 posts, not 200!) I would have bought an earth drill long before I got 200 of them done!

Jus' sayin'.....

Rog
I really like the workout. I dont have a post hole attachment for the machine, maybe someday. but the workout keeps me fit, I can still dead lift 200lbs at my age without have to go to the gym to keep fit.
I am getting slower as I get older, but I still have the stamina to work all day, while my two gym happy boys loose energy 4 hours into the day...LOL

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I really like the workout. I dont have a post hole attachment for the machine, maybe someday. but the workout keeps me fit, I can still dead lift 200lbs at my age without have to go to the gym to keep fit.
I am getting slower as I get older, but I still have the stamina to work all day, while my two gym happy boys loose energy 4 hours into the day...LOL

Doc,

Thanks for the kudos re: my flag pole, but where is yours? I thought if I showed you mine, you'd . . . . well, you know.

You keep working out like that and someday you'll end up like me!! I can still dead lift 20 pounds, but then I can't walk with it or my knees will give out! . . . LOL

My BIG job for the day was to remove the storm door from our "front" door - (faces the ocean) - and then pull the 'Brick Molding' trim off from around the original door. (It had some rot at the bottom where the wood came into contact with the cement footer. (Open basement side of the house.)

I decided to make my own 'Brick molding' out of P/T lumber so it will not rot again in what time I have left to worry about it.

Using clear P/T 2X4's I planed them down to 1-1/4" thickness and then cut them to 2-1/4" width, as the original stock 2" molding had 1/4" strips scabbed on it to make the storm door fit properly. Using the table saw I removed a slat leaving a 1" wide plane running the length of the face of the stock and then using a couple different router bits I created my own 'Brick Molding' look. Once I knew I had a means of recreating the molding myself, I decided to quit for the day, I have to go and pick up some "Great Stuff", some exterior "Construction Glue" and some good caulking, (I use Alex 25 year caulk), so that when everything is installed it will be sealed up and weatherproof.

Came in the house, turned on the TV and watched a couple auto restoration shows, poured myself a glass of raspberry ice tea and had a handful of cheese crackers... Ahhhh, life is good!

Tomorrows another day..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

You're building "The WALL" in the wrong place, supposed to be along our Southern Border ..!!! ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Boo,

You're right, of course, but the pressing question remains - Who's gonna pay for it?

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Danuser 3-point hitch attachment auger

Doc,

Here's the tool of your dreams... Buy one of these and you too can quit work at 3 PM and settle in with the Martin Bros on "Iron Resurrection" and a cold raspberry ice tea...

Sorry about the narrator, he sounds like NorthBama, or Boo-Boo when they've been tipping a couple, but you can understand 'most' of what he's sayin'.. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpJ_1eRxbzo

Rog