The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Still nothing, I wonder why it's not out there ..??

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: New Toy

What's the verdict?
You have a problem and we can help you with it. First you have to stand before the group and say Hello my name is Roger and I am a lawn mower addict.
LMAO
Tom

Tom,

It more than likely should go like this: Hi, my name is Roger and I'm a lawn mower Idiot!

................................................................................................................................................

Originally posted by Boobala
SO, ....Tell me Goomba, how's that carburetor on the Yard-Man doing, ?? STILL waitin on your re-build ?? HMMmmm.
And you wanna start on a NEW project...?? .. ..

Boo,

I want you to know that following several applications of Sea Foam and the constant use of it in the fuel tank, the Yardman is running just fine! No rebuild necessary!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

And will you blokes stop with the Bert worship on the forum.
The posters can decide which advice to take .
It is just starting to look a bit closed shop clique and I can ( and have been ) just as wrong as any one else .
AS I said before a post should live or die on the quality of the information in it not upon others praising it.

Ahhhhh Bert,

You're just suffering from a momentary 'down-turn' induced by the negativity of all the work on that concrete saw that hasn't brought you success yet. Just hang in there, as my sainted mother used to say, "This too will pass."

It was good to learn that you swear like I do. Swearing often helps me almost as much as doing the right thing when repairing something! Throwing hammers used to work, but I've sort of laid off that in my older years.

Good luck! We're all still pulling for you..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fishing

Took a meritorious day off and went fishing with #1 step-son. We chose a nearby lake this time so we'd have more time on the water. Fished from 7Am until 4 PM (he had commitments in the late afternoon) and did fairly well. However, he out-fished me two to one and then topped that off by landing a four pound bass. He was happy as a pig in schitt.** I got additional sunburn, still feeling a little toasted this morning.

** - I used to raise pigs. I know they don't actually enjoy being in schitt.. I always kept my pig pens clean. Don't send nasty comments.

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Haven't heard much from James Lewcious , (NorthBama) HMMmmmm, ya's don't suppose he run-off like Tom did ...?? NAH, he's probably tired of the insanity of this thread, WELL, ... over some BIG numbers, and like the energizer bunny, we keep going N going N going . ..:thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Ahhhhh Bert,

You're just suffering from a momentary 'down-turn' induced by the negativity of all the work on that concrete saw that hasn't brought you success yet. Just hang in there, as my sainted mother used to say, "This too will pass."

It was good to learn that you swear like I do. Swearing often helps me almost as much as doing the right thing when repairing something! Throwing hammers used to work, but I've sort of laid off that in my older years.

Good luck! We're all still pulling for you..

Roger

It is a problem actually.
Having worked with labouring type people most of my life when if you don't swear you don't get heard I would then be giving a lecture and of course would oft stop mid word.
Having a RS memory I could never remember a whole paper and used to work off prompt points and fill in as I went so yes a few funny words would slip out now & then.
As for in the workshop yes the walls are now quite blue and I never put an ounce of paint on them.
As for the saw, it is now in the naughty corner having told the customer I am waiting on parts from the USA which are currently on back order.
Not a total lie as I do have 2 backorders at the moment, just not for their parts.
Got stuck into the Kanga, got the engine out, got a double hernia doing it so am now waiting for some GX 670 gaskets to come - from the USA as a single head gasket is $ 25 down here and a complete rebuild kit is $ 19 + $ 25 postage from the USA.
SO now I had a couple of hours to work on the M20 as I have to rebuild the engine & gearbox before the Rally on Oct 13.
Tomorrow I finish a Cox that has been here too long and try to fins a work around for the broken throttle housing on a Honda 4240 that has been here for 5 weeks.

Fishing,, I remember that, you sit on the river back, all of 800 yards away and catch little slippery things that taste good when smoked.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

OK, where did everybody go?!

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

must be a hell of a hill, which one is Jill...."Boobala"?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

must be a hell of a hill, which one is Jill...."Boobala"?

that doc I will leave to your imagination.
With that I wish you adue and am heading off to the farter as it is 11 pm .
Have a good day.
26Dec C today, supposed to be winter so it looks like another quiet year of burned grass coming up.