Sx95 starting issue

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
okay.... https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/72089/referrer/navigation/pgId/189520
i think i see that connector, it's 27B... and listed as the Solenoid Ground. Now where it gets tricky, JD is showing a solenoid mounted on the frame for the SX95, as well as a solenoid on the starter. unless certain versions used a mounted solenoid on the starter, and others a separate type...
I would trace the + positive cable from the battery and see where it goes... does it go to a solenoid, then to the a solenoid on the starter (which i have no idea why it would) or does it go straight to a solenoid mounted on the starter, with no "extra" solenoid in between...

Captncavmn

Threads
A friend took the starter and solenoid off our mower for us. Now I get to reassemble everything. This is a little out of my comfort zone, but I'm good at following directions in a manual. Off the bottom of the blade terminal on the solenoid is a connection with two purple wires. One is fairly short and has a length of black plastic tubing with 90 degree bend attached to it. Where does this go? You'd think it would be obvious...the wire can only reach within about a 2" radius, but I don't see anything obvious.

this post is from someone else describing what is wrong with mine

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Not just an unconnected wire. Look at every connector in this picture. Anyone see anything odd?

What would cause this engine to not crank over?

Is this how these parts looked from the mower dealer?

Do you park the mower on the bottom of the ocean?

Before trying to figure out the other mystery wire, remedy this first. o_O?

Voltage drop, no. Voltage fall off a cliff, maybe.

View attachment 56874
that's my picture from my (used) JD RX75 Which cranks right up! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
anyway, OP, if you have a way to check for DC voltage, a multimeter, test light etc, hook it up to that wire (+ lead to the wire connector, - to ground, battery or frame bolt) and see if you get voltage with the key in the start position. if you get voltage with the key in the start position, most likely that is your trigger wire. though the connector is usually a flat spade not round.
do that and report back, if you can.