Have a Hustler mower with Honda engine. The Honda brand oil filter is 15 bucks. Have cross referenced Honda filter and have come up with several at much cheaper price. My question is if I use a different filter will I toast the motor? thanks n advance
thanks for feedback, my machine is way out of warranty. I did buy this mower with the thought of the quality of motor in mind. In my mind buying a quality after market part instead of original is smart money. I went with a Wix filter, the Wix was half the cost of the Honda. again thanks for feedback
Professionals have the vast experience and should be heeded. I , however, experiment . On my lowend Intek I buy any filter that fits . Heat has done far more damage to my engine than filter. I will comment on Fram. They have gone downhill in my opinion. During the past year I have tried twice to put a Fram on my Nissan per their callout. The lead thread on the female will not engage. They just keep producing a defective filter in this case. I think they make these filters in Israel.
Any filter you cross over with the Honda numbers will work just fine.
Just stay away from Fram.