Suspenion seats

Cwlawnservice

Forum Newbie
Threads
Iam looking to put a suspenion seat on my gravely zero turn are there any I should steer clear of and which ones are great

BWH

Threads
I can't answer your question but I am very interested in suspension seats, I had a conversation with a older gentleman some time ago using one he claimed that he couldn't mow any longer until he installed the suspension seat.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I installed a suspension seat on my Scag Tiger Cub this fall. It was a great improvement over the stock seat as it has operator weight, lumbar, recline position and arm rest adjustments. I bought it from eBay seller "seatwarehouse". It was $399.95 including freight and arrived in three days. These seats are available in black or tan and possibly grey. I bought a tan one as the stock Scag seats are tan.
Also available are suspension adapters for about $150, they are installed under your stock seat and only have operator weight adjustment.
Any suspension seat or adapter will raise up the operators position about 3 inches +or- some. Most suspension seats will need spacers to raise them up so the seat can function, I used 1 inch bushings and longer bolts between the seat bottom and the forward/aft adjustment sliders. I looked at a new Scag Tiger Cat and Scag installs 3/4 inch spacer bushings.
I'm OK with the increase in seat height and I adjusted the arm rest angle lower than the original seat arm rests and I have no problem operating the machine travel levers. I really like the lumbar support adjustment, works well with the adjustable suspension for operator comfort.
The top of the line suspension seat retails for $1,200, ouch, but can be bought at times for $900, still and ouch!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile: