Stupid people on you tube

Mike88se

Threads
Yeah 99% of the ones I've seen are useless. If I had a good camera I might try some reviews on my stuff but I'd try to make them more informative. Even the movies I've shot with my cell for mowers I've sold on craigslist I basically want to show how it starts & runs but I show the mower cutting some grass too.
Another thing I wonder about is these 11 and 12 year old kids on youtube with $6000 mowers and $500 blowers etc. Maybe they started at 8 or 9 and saved their money but I kinda doubt it. Not to mention how they transport these machines around to jobs. I dunno... just curious about that.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ean, In another thread I suggested you watch a shaft being straightened. You tube is full of a lot of clutter, but some good stuff.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I find youtube very entertaining and educational. I would say if it is so irritating don't watch it. I find it a very easy thing to do is not watch something I don't like. What if someone wants to destroy a mower engine or a 6000 dollar motorcycle, its there's to do so not your to say they can't. As far as I still know this is still a free country. So just watch and enjoy.

Mike88se

Threads
I find youtube very entertaining and educational. I would say if it is so irritating don't watch it. I find it a very easy thing to do is not watch something I don't like. What if someone wants to destroy a mower engine or a 6000 dollar motorcycle, its there's to do so not your to say they can't. As far as I still know this is still a free country. So just watch and enjoy.

Oh I watch a lot of youtube. Watching those reviews waiting for the informative part just to find that there is no informative part sucks.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
You guys got it right. Just like TV about 95% trash. But we keep our set for the 5%. Plus you really got to sift on youtube cause the ego maniacs pose as experts.

Bob E

Threads
A review is only as good as the person giving it. One good thing about video reviews is that they make it a lot easier to tell if the person is worth listening to.
I do find it annoying when I see a video of a guy talking about buying (insert the piece of equipment you have been searching for here) for pennies, just to destroy it. :mad:

mikeypizano

Threads
Yeah 99% of the ones I've seen are useless. If I had a good camera I might try some reviews on my stuff but I'd try to make them more informative. Even the movies I've shot with my cell for mowers I've sold on craigslist I basically want to show how it starts & runs but I show the mower cutting some grass too.
Another thing I wonder about is these 11 and 12 year old kids on youtube with $6000 mowers and $500 blowers etc. Maybe they started at 8 or 9 and saved their money but I kinda doubt it. Not to mention how they transport these machines around to jobs. I dunno... just curious about that.

Bet ya its dad's stuff... ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LMF