Stuff you find on the lawn when mowing

bt3

Threads
A few years back my neighbor was bush hogging along the edge of his property and wrapped up 1/2 a mile of temporary phone line in the blades.

I've cut phone line while mowing but never pulled it and wrapped it. 1/2 mile of wire is painful. That must have been a mess.

One of my homes is URD (Underground Rural Delivery) with all services, but the Phone Line had a tendency to uncover itself at times. I've cut it twice over the years. Since they ran brand new line, no issues. I think it's finally truly buried to proper depth. My hunch is the first line was just cut into the sod. Probably because the back yard (where the URD is run) is heavily wooded. Tree roots can be a problem for URD.

jamie11

Threads
Vaccum cleaner
Dead birds
Golf balls

Worn out shuttlecock, bottle of sun screen, and nylons. I was thinking that my nephews A& B were playing badminton under the sun so they slather some sun screen. Then nephew A got lost against nephew B in the game. Nephew A had gone mad so she pulled out the nylons in the racket and left it in the garden.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'd have to say since 50% of my clients are on a Golf Course, golf balls are my thing, those things are like a bullet when you hit them with a mower blade, along with Gator-aid bottles. Mail boxes and their post are another thing, I've managed to hit pieces of those after cars manage to run them over.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'd have to say since 50% of my clients are on a Golf Course, golf balls are my thing, those things are like a bullet when you hit them with a mower blade, along with Gator-aid bottles. Mail boxes and their post are another thing, I've managed to hit pieces of those after cars manage to run them over.

I loved hitting golf balls when I worked at the country club.

Was raking a bunker one time and got hit in the chest with a ball. Knocked me down. Hurt for days.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I gotta agree about golf balls. My property is fenced all around. But seems a guy across the hollow would practice T'ing off..

Glad he was a renter, & long gone now.. I don't miss his glolf balls either.. :biggrin:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah I was picking them up and had a 5 gallon pal full and couldn't give the thongs away. It's funny how everyone who play golf has to have there own make of golf ball.

Lawn Addict
Threads
By the 5 gal bucket, Yeowww !!! That's LOTS !!! I never 'found' anywhere near that many, but when I found the first one, (by accident) cause it was hid in the grass, & I was winging along.. I started watching out for them..

Never before anything like that, I am so far out in the country. I sure don't miss that guy, & agree every golf ball I found was same brand..

JD is best

Threads
One time with my old push mower i ran over a really tough string and it stopped the mower dead. Luckily no damage was done

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
One time with my old push mower i ran over a really tough string and it stopped the mower dead. Luckily no damage was done

My crew mate ran over a door mat once that was funny shredded that thing