Striping kit

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
We'll djdicetn I mowed again with my new stripe kit. I think you were right on it not being low enough to the ground. The stripes were barely noticeable from the last mowing. And they didn't come back as strong as they had before with the other kits.....

Thanks ........

Well, you know the old saying....If at first you don't succeed.....:0)
Kudos on your persistence and ingenuity to bring concept to functionality!!!

Mbc

Threads
Well, you know the old saying....If at first you don't succeed.....:0) Kudos on your persistence and ingenuity to bring concept to functionality!!!

Here's a pic of my new trial! Now keep in mind I didn't have my blades engaged! For this was just a trial run... My yard is turning so brown I'm about afraid to actually mow it right now?

Attachments

• image-2246967231.jpg
    image-2246967231.jpg
    699.3 KB · Views: 73

Mbc

Threads

Attachments

• image-4067971624.jpg
    image-4067971624.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 99

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

That looks like it should work(although I'm uncertain whether there might not be a "little" too much flap on the ground..."may" cause some problems with backing up). You may want to shorten it to where it is just beyond the metal bar but that's just a guess on my part. You are definitely getting close to coming up with an excellent homemade striping kit!!!!!

Mbc

Threads
That rubber is real stiff it has some kinda fibers in it? It's only 8" long. It took 4" to reach the ground. So there's only 4" on the ground. When I tried it out it didn't try to bend or move around at all :)

Mbc

Threads
That rubber is real stiff it has some kinda fibers in it? It's only 8" long. It took 4" to reach the ground. So there's only 4" on the ground. When I tried it out it didn't try to bend or move around at all :)[/QUOTE

Well...... It striped as pretty as you please! But on my front yard it is so steep. That I have to drop over the curb to turn around. I didn't notice it till finished mowing. But, it must have been catching on curb when dropping over? It bent the sh#% out of it! Any ideas on what I could do to keep it from hitting??? Would be greatly ap.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
That rubber is real stiff it has some kinda fibers in it? It's only 8" long. It took 4" to reach the ground. So there's only 4" on the ground. When I tried it out it didn't try to bend or move around at all :)[/QUOTE

Well...... It striped as pretty as you please! But on my front yard it is so steep. That I have to drop over the curb to turn around. I didn't notice it till finished mowing. But, it must have been catching on curb when dropping over? It bent the sh#% out of it! Any ideas on what I could do to keep it from hitting??? Would be greatly ap.

Based upon your pictures in the original post showing the bar mounted "rigid" to the frame with two bolts, I was afraid something like that might happen:0(
My striper has hinges that lets it move up and down on the ground. It doesn't look like you have enough room to do something like that(if you removed the bottom bolt and made the top bolt able to pivot) without the top of the mounting bar hitting the frame. Not sure what to suggest:0(

Mbc

Threads
Hey, djdicetn
I appreciate you being so patient In helping me figure this thing out. I gave it one last shot using your advice. I used one bolt for (pivot) I shortened the flat steel (mounting brackets) and was able to get the rubber off the ground. Here's some pics of it. Hope you can see it well enough to give an opinion

Attachments

• image-3827140771.jpg
    image-3827140771.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 80
  • image-547773010.jpg
    image-547773010.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 74

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey, djdicetn
I appreciate you being so patient In helping me figure this thing out. I gave it one last shot using your advice. I used one bolt for (pivot) I shortened the flat steel (mounting brackets) and was able to get the rubber off the ground. Here's some pics of it. Hope you can see it well enough to give an opinion

I gotta say I admire your persistence...many would have given up by now!!! Do you have any more of the rubber flap material? That looks like it may work better, but it seems you could have the flap about an inch longer so it would slightly drag the ground(but would still easily change directions when you back up). See what you have now will do after a couple of mowings. I've never really seen how long the OEM "rubber flap" systems are and they may be right at ground level like you've got yours. Hope this mod gets it!!!!

Mbc

Threads
Yeah I've got more of it. If I need it???? : )