Export thread

Striping kit

Mbc

Mbc

I had another idea on a striping kit. So here's a couple pics. As soon as I mow I'll post a pic.

Let me know what ya think???

Attachments

djdicetn

djdicetn

I had another idea on a striping kit. So here's a couple pics. As soon as I mow I'll post a pic.

Let me know what ya think???

That looks like a good setup but I would recommend that you find some type of "heavy" roller that would allow the metal shaft to go through it. That metal bar may not be heavy enough by itself.

Mbc

Mbc

I've tried several differant kits that lay on the ground! They seem to jump around and bounce behind the mower. Not always in contact with the ground? On this idea! It doesn't touch but, it is 100% even on the contact surface.... We'll see....

Mbc

Mbc

We'll it striped.........

Attachments

djdicetn

djdicetn

We'll it striped.........

That does look good!!!!! Depending on how much investment you made in materials you might have a sideline business making and selling those "kits":0)

Mbc

Mbc

That would be nice:) I think I gave like $10 for the flat steel. I reused factory bolts/nuts. I was able to get round metal stock free from work. I like it cause it was cheap and simple!

Mbc

Mbc

I couldn't tell much about it by the draft? I sure would like to see actual picture! Sure does sound like it would work.....

R

rfmarney

Thanks for getting back to us!

Rotary type mowers, by their nature, lift and cut so any roller or 'comb' (As we plan to use) has to be on the rear of the mower. We use the existing rock guard as a platform so height adjustment is never a problem.

Metal pipe and other such "home remedys" are dangerous for the very reasons you mentioned. Our bolt-thru system is time tested and will not wear off for years and years.

We are using "KICKSTARTER" to launch this product early next month and we truly value all of you input. (This is not just lip service I assure you!)

For people who purchase on Kickstarter the price is $30.00 (US) including shipping and an 'as long as you own your mower guarantee is implied!

As mentioned in another post, this 'has been done before' but ours has NO moving parts and can be used on almost any type of turf sod.

Plans for zero turn and riding type mowers are well into development but our focus on the home owner model is paramount right now.

For updates you can follow us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/LawnCombBrandLawnStriper?ref=hl

Mbc

Mbc

That does look good!!!!! Depending on how much investment you made in materials you might have a sideline business making and selling those "kits":0)

We'll djdicetn I mowed again with my new stripe kit. I think you were right on it not being low enough to the ground. The stripes were barely noticeable from the last mowing. And they didn't come back as strong as they had before with the other kits.....

Thanks ........

djdicetn

djdicetn

We'll djdicetn I mowed again with my new stripe kit. I think you were right on it not being low enough to the ground. The stripes were barely noticeable from the last mowing. And they didn't come back as strong as they had before with the other kits.....

Thanks ........

Well, you know the old saying....If at first you don't succeed.....:0)
Kudos on your persistence and ingenuity to bring concept to functionality!!!

Mbc

Mbc

Well, you know the old saying....If at first you don't succeed.....:0) Kudos on your persistence and ingenuity to bring concept to functionality!!!

Here's a pic of my new trial! Now keep in mind I didn't have my blades engaged! For this was just a trial run... My yard is turning so brown I'm about afraid to actually mow it right now?

Attachments

Mbc

Mbc

Attachments

djdicetn

djdicetn

That looks like it should work(although I'm uncertain whether there might not be a "little" too much flap on the ground..."may" cause some problems with backing up). You may want to shorten it to where it is just beyond the metal bar but that's just a guess on my part. You are definitely getting close to coming up with an excellent homemade striping kit!!!!!

Mbc

Mbc

That rubber is real stiff it has some kinda fibers in it? It's only 8" long. It took 4" to reach the ground. So there's only 4" on the ground. When I tried it out it didn't try to bend or move around at all :)

Mbc

Mbc

That rubber is real stiff it has some kinda fibers in it? It's only 8" long. It took 4" to reach the ground. So there's only 4" on the ground. When I tried it out it didn't try to bend or move around at all :)[/QUOTE

Well...... It striped as pretty as you please! But on my front yard it is so steep. That I have to drop over the curb to turn around. I didn't notice it till finished mowing. But, it must have been catching on curb when dropping over? It bent the sh#% out of it! Any ideas on what I could do to keep it from hitting??? Would be greatly ap.

djdicetn

djdicetn

That rubber is real stiff it has some kinda fibers in it? It's only 8" long. It took 4" to reach the ground. So there's only 4" on the ground. When I tried it out it didn't try to bend or move around at all :)[/QUOTE

Well...... It striped as pretty as you please! But on my front yard it is so steep. That I have to drop over the curb to turn around. I didn't notice it till finished mowing. But, it must have been catching on curb when dropping over? It bent the sh#% out of it! Any ideas on what I could do to keep it from hitting??? Would be greatly ap.

Based upon your pictures in the original post showing the bar mounted "rigid" to the frame with two bolts, I was afraid something like that might happen:0(
My striper has hinges that lets it move up and down on the ground. It doesn't look like you have enough room to do something like that(if you removed the bottom bolt and made the top bolt able to pivot) without the top of the mounting bar hitting the frame. Not sure what to suggest:0(

Mbc

Mbc

Hey, djdicetn
I appreciate you being so patient In helping me figure this thing out. I gave it one last shot using your advice. I used one bolt for (pivot) I shortened the flat steel (mounting brackets) and was able to get the rubber off the ground. Here's some pics of it. Hope you can see it well enough to give an opinion

Attachments

djdicetn

djdicetn

Hey, djdicetn
I appreciate you being so patient In helping me figure this thing out. I gave it one last shot using your advice. I used one bolt for (pivot) I shortened the flat steel (mounting brackets) and was able to get the rubber off the ground. Here's some pics of it. Hope you can see it well enough to give an opinion

I gotta say I admire your persistence...many would have given up by now!!! Do you have any more of the rubber flap material? That looks like it may work better, but it seems you could have the flap about an inch longer so it would slightly drag the ground(but would still easily change directions when you back up). See what you have now will do after a couple of mowings. I've never really seen how long the OEM "rubber flap" systems are and they may be right at ground level like you've got yours. Hope this mod gets it!!!!

Mbc

Mbc

Yeah I've got more of it. If I need it???? : )

djdicetn

djdicetn

Yeah I've got more of it. If I need it???? : )
Sounds good, you're gonna get it just right it's just a matter of time!! BTW....where in TN are you located??? I'm in Mount Juliet.

Mbc

Mbc

Greeneville

djdicetn

djdicetn

Greeneville

WOW, way over there NE of Knoxville. Probably pretty "hilly" in your area!! I've never visited that area much(aside from a couple of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge vacations). Bought my 2007 RV(TrailManor) in Louisville, TN south of Knoxville(they were manufactured in Lake City, TN North of Knoxville). Now that the travel trailer & house are paid off and my wife & I have both taken early retirements we plan on seeing a lot of the Good Ole USA that we've not had the opportunity to visit while tied down to a job.

Mbc

Mbc

Sounds good! Yeah lil hilly....

D

ddbtdd

My factory striping kit is just a strip of vulcanized rubber fixed to the mowing deck. It works...

Mbc

Mbc

My factory striping kit is just a strip of vulcanized rubber fixed to the mowing deck. It works...

I thought about doing one on the deck. But, I didn't want to drill holes in the deck....

D

ddbtdd

I thought about doing one on the deck. But, I didn't want to drill holes in the deck....

Thats pretty much how snapper pro does it

BlazNT

BlazNT

This gives me a good idea to improve on the design. I have created lots of stuff that has been used by others with me not getting a penny in royalties so I will create it first then post pictures when complete.

Mbc

Mbc

Ok sounds good. Can't wait too see it....

R

Reimand2000

I attached a strip of (3/16" x 3" x full deck width) belting using SS self-tappers inside my Toro Timecutter Z5000 deck w/mulching kit. It protrudes 2 1/2" below deck and about 1" above ground surface. It has produced awesome results, especially during early spring when lawn is young. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how to attach photos form my iPad.

Mbc

Mbc

I attached a strip of (3/16" x 3" x full deck width) belting using SS self-tappers inside my Toro Timecutter Z5000 deck w/mulching kit. It protrudes 2 1/2" below deck and about 1" above ground surface. It has produced awesome results, especially during early spring when lawn is young. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how to attach photos form my iPad.
Here's my new trial run for this year! I think it's a winner!

Attachments

W

whelch1

Looks really good!

Mbc

Mbc

Looks really good!

Thanks whelch1 I've tried a lot of different setups! I believe I found a winner. ..... lol..... who knows? I love to tinker

Micah Haarhoff

Micah Haarhoff

What kind of flap did you use?