Export thread

Still no member of the month here?

JDgreen

JDgreen

It was proposed some time ago that LMF have a Member of the Month, as does TBN, and the idea was noted as being considered by Muhammad.

Any update?

bakerg

bakerg

It was proposed some time ago that LMF have a Member of the Month, as does TBN, and the idea was noted as being considered by Muhammad.

Any update?

You just want it because you know you would win it all the time.:wink::laughing:

JDgreen

JDgreen

You just want it because you know you would win it all the time.:wink::laughing:

WHO ME???? DO NOT WANT THE DUBIOUS HONOR, WOULD NOT WIN ANYHOW.

K

KennyV

NOT needed..................... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

JDgreen

No? even if you are nominated.....???

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

To be honest JD, I think your the only one who has ever mentioned it.....several times :wink:.
You've mentioned that it happens at TBN, but I've been a member there for several years and never noticed it. Where do you find it over there? How are these people selected? Is it a voting process? What is the criteria? what time of the month are the recipients announced?
Kenny's right it's not needed, but I could see where you are a definite candidate. You certainly do more than your share around here. You keep things going and you surely kick up the dust...if you know what I mean. If not for you there wouldn't be much entertainment here.
It's safe to say that the powers that be have your suggestion and I'll bet that Mo will have something to say shortly...didn't he say we were going to have some moderators soon?

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

I agree. :thumbsup:

JDgreen

JDgreen

WRONG!!!!!

I proposed it mainly because over on TBN, the M of M is featured in a profile that tells you about them and their interests.

JDgreen

JDgreen

I agree. :thumbsup:

Here is another newbie butt kissing....so what do YOU know about M of M in the first place? Just parroting, IMO !!! :thumbdown:

M

Mower manic

Here is another newbie butt kissing....so what do YOU know about M of M in the first place? Just parroting, IMO !!! :thumbdown:

I can't believe you said that JD! :confused3:
Down here, we call that showing your A $$.:mur:
The mans entitled to his opinion and it's true, it's not needed it may be desireable to some but you have to agree we don't need it.
Now tell me about my low post count and get it over with.:tongue:
Good luck with member of the month...you've got my vote:eek:

JDgreen

JDgreen

I can't believe you said that JD! :confused3:
Down here, we call that showing your A $$.:mur:
The mans entitled to his opinion and it's true, it's not needed it may be desireable to some but you have to agree we don't need it.
Now tell me about my low post count and get it over with.:tongue:
Good luck with member of the month...you've got my vote:eek:

Disagree....you tell me why we don't need it...!!!!

I see all these NO NO NO opinions like a reverse group of yes-men but none of you can come right out and tell me why you oppose the subject.....

Ric

Ric

I see all these NO NO NO opinions like a reverse group of yes-men but none of you can come right out and tell me why you oppose the subject.....

What would be the reason that we do need it? I oppose it because it serves no purpose and has no meaning.

Originally Posted by JDgreen You say I proposed it mainly because over on TBN, the M of M is featured in a profile that tells you about them and their interests.
If you want to find out about other members and peoples interest just visit their profile (seems simple enough to do) and if the information you seek is not there, it's probably because you don't need that info about them in the first place. :rolleyes:

K

KennyV

If :
NOT needed....................
is Not enough reason how about...
It is NOT WANTED....

& if it Ever becomes a Required part of LMF .. It SHOULD be "NEW Member of the Month"

There are plenty of members here that do share information along with Help with others... And a lot More that DO NOT wish to paste their Personal lives, like so much graffiti on the walls of public forums...

When anything is added to these Forums, those additions are mostly positive with a minimum of negative baggage...

:smile:KennyV

M

Mower manic

Please understand I don't oppose it. I mentioned that I felt that it's "not needed". This is apparent and evidenced by the fact that this forum has gotten along well without it. This opinion does not indicate that I or most (except Ric) who posted, opposes your idea. I don't think I heard anyone voice that opinion (except Ric) , but I haven't been around that long and my search wasn't all that comprehensive.
I think that if anyone opposed it, they would have said "I oppose it", I can't and I won't speak for them. I am merely giving my interpetation of what was stated.I think we know that Ric is unhappy with you and he has his reasons
I can't even think of a downside to your suggestion, but I assume that there must be one as it has been brought up before and has yet to be implemented. If you want to know how people feel about this there is a way to find out. And if you want to be member of the month, why don't you just start a poll?
If members want for you to be member of the month vote "yes" or not vote "no"
I seems to me that by continuing to ask for this award will only diminish it's significance should you eventually recieve it, so I guess I'm suggesting that you just let it go for now.
It's apparent this means a lot to you. I'm sure that eventually you will be recognized for your contributions here.
Remember: it's easier to get forgiven than it is to get permission

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

WRONG!!!!!

I proposed it mainly because over on TBN, the M of M is featured in a profile that tells you about them and their interests.

Well, for ONE thing.....This is NOT TBN !

*(even tho they have the same Administrator)

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

Butt Kissing ! ... LMAO ... Ewe are too funny ! :biggrin:

twall

twall

I fail to see the signifigance of it, JD - your postcounter/profile tells people how long you've been here, and how active you are. People can make up their own mind as to whether your contribution is worthwhile or not. A title like that just would make the recipients puffed up, and the non-recipients feel cheated. Sorry I can't back you up on this one - I am also in the "not needed/not wanted" camp. I see why you would want it - you are as active on TBN as you are here, right? I can see why you'd be used to it - just like I'm used to a chatbox and other things now that I'm in a different style forum as well as this one. But, as has been said before, this isn't TBN or RWG, it's LMF, and that doesn't mean it's TBN-lite.

I hope it's not cause you're envious of that title (like the one CTF got from TBN), and think you'd have a better shot at it here. An award won't make anyone's posts more readable IMHO, or make their opinions any more valid than any one else's, or give them any more weight in this forum. I know who's worthwhile around here and who isn't, personally - and I recognize your contribution to this forum all the time (as do others). So I really don't see the need for extra recognition. Just my thoughts on it.

I remember when Muhammad said he'd put it in (in a glancing kinda way) - but I remember him saying a lot of stuff that never came to fruition. Like a M to M sales area, or an advertising section, or editing bad language out of posts that have it. Lotsa talk around here, so I don't put much stock in it.

My 2 cents on that, too.

BTW, I hate to do so, but I agree with Ric in the point that anyone can read your profile to see all you want them to know about you. If someone doesn't know enough about you still - you have over 2,600 posts that leave little to the imagination, my friend. If they still don't know enough - they must be a stalker (and MOTM isn't gonna help them a whit!). :wink:

JDgreen

JDgreen

I fail to see the signifigance of it, JD - your postcounter/profile tells people how long you've been here, and how active you are. People can make up their own mind as to whether your contribution is worthwhile or not. A title like that just would make the recipients puffed up, and the non-recipients feel cheated. Sorry I can't back you up on this one - I am also in the "not needed/not wanted" camp. I see why you would want it - you are as active on TBN as you are here, right? I can see why you'd be used to it - just like I'm used to a chatbox and other things now that I'm in a different style forum as well as this one. But, as has been said before, this isn't TBN or RWG, it's LMF, and that doesn't mean it's TBN-lite.

I hope it's not cause you're envious of that title (like the one CTF got from TBN), and think you'd have a better shot at it here. An award won't make anyone's posts more readable IMHO, or make their opinions any more valid than any one else's, or give them any more weight in this forum. I know who's worthwhile around here and who isn't, personally - and I recognize your contribution to this forum all the time (as do others). So I really don't see the need for extra recognition. Just my thoughts on it.

I remember when Muhammad said he'd put it in (in a glancing kinda way) - but I remember him saying a lot of stuff that never came to fruition. Like a M to M sales area, or an advertising section, or editing bad language out of posts that have it. Lotsa talk around here, so I don't put much stock in it.

My 2 cents on that, too.

BTW, I hate to do so, but I agree with Ric in the point that anyone can read your profile to see all you want them to know about you. If someone doesn't know enough about you still - you have over 2,600 posts that leave little to the imagination, my friend. If they still don't know enough - they must be a stalker (and MOTM isn't gonna help them a whit!). :wink:

WELL WELL WELL, I remember somebody here that kept pushing for and pleading for a Murray Forum....

I don't have a Murray, never will, but was I critical of those who wanted a Murray Forum.....NO

twall

twall

WELL WELL WELL, I remember somebody here that kept pushing for and pleading for a Murray Forum....

I don't have a Murray, never will, but was I critical of those who wanted a Murray Forum.....NO

If you DIDN'T want one [a Murray forum], though - you most certainly wouldn't have kept it to yourself. :tongue: What you are suggesting will cause just more contention than is already here, that's all, JD.

We have a lot of hate floating around here lately - and I think a MOTM would certainly not make that any better, do you? Besides hating you (or me or anyone) for illegitimate reasons, they can also add jealousy to the mix. Very caustic. I'd just as soon see it avoided.

We could just call you "postmaster general", and get it over with......:laughing:

JDgreen

JDgreen

If you DIDN'T want one [a Murray forum], though - you most certainly wouldn't have kept it to yourself. :tongue: What you are suggesting will cause just more contention than is already here, that's all, JD.

We have a lot of hate floating around here lately - and I think a MOTM would certainly not make that any better, do you? Besides hating you (or me or anyone) for illegitimate reasons, they can also add jealousy to the mix. Very caustic. I'd just as soon see it avoided.

We could just call you "postmaster general", and get it over with......:laughing:

I see no hate, no jealousy, no ill will, no rancor, general dislike and discord, perhaps....hate is the wrong expression.

I don't mind if someone attacks me or tries to goad me, just expect to get the same in return.

twall

twall

Feel good terminology doesn't change the underlying emotion, i'm afraid. :smile:

Sent from my WX445 using LMF

K

KennyV

We have a lot of hate floating around here lately - and I think a MOTM would certainly not make that any better, do you? ...
I'd just as soon see it avoided.

And once again twall has the voice of reason spot well covered...
and absolutely correct...

Aside from pumping someones (usually already over self inflated) ego, the only thing it can do is destructive....
I remember when it started on TBN... it was NOT a plus there ... That site is so large that it was easy to overlook and many did not even notice when it started...
We are not that large here... It will be very noticeable and will Not help grow this group larger OR into a more connected membership.
:smile:KennyV

Wayne195

Wayne195

Come on guys, is this argument nessecary?? Can't we keep a friendly forum atmosphere around here??

Wether we have a member of the month or not, I don't care, but we can't have sqwabbles like this over such small issues. A mere suggestion is fine, but not a bunch of haggeling about it.

twall

twall

Come on guys, is this argument nessecary?? Can't we keep a friendly forum atmosphere around here??

Wether we have a member of the month or not, I don't care, but we can't have sqwabbles like this over such small issues. A mere suggestion is fine, but not a bunch of haggeling about it.

I'm not arguing. JD asked for someone to give a valid reason not to have MOTM. I answered. People chimed in. What's wrong with that? This is the area to talk about such things.

jmurray01

jmurray01

Don't waste your breath! In all the time I've been a member on LMF, I've never known a thread to be 100% friendly :laughing:

CompactTractorFan

CompactTractorFan

(like the one CTF got from TBN),

Hey twall, glad you still remember me. :laughing:

I visit LMF so seldom now...:frown:

Wayne195

Wayne195

Don't waste your breath! In all the time I've been a member on LMF, I've never known a thread to be 100% friendly :laughing:
Well to quite frank, THAT is why I don't spend alot of time around this forum. There's better places to spend my time IMO.

jmurray01

jmurray01

Well to quite frank, THAT is why I don't spend alot of time around this forum. There's better places to spend my time IMO.
But, how boring would it be if everybody went around being 100% polite all the time ?

We need a bit of aggression to keep things alive! :biggrin:

JDgreen

JDgreen

But, how boring would it be if everybody went around being 100% polite all the time ?

SEZ WHO? SEZ YOU? Well you know what your opinion is worth....where are the flipping caravan pictures you were going to post?

JDgreen

JDgreen

99 posts in a year and a half...why do you even bother to stay here then?

JDgreen

JDgreen

What with only 99 posts here, why would you be concerned about arguments?

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

But,

And that is what JDgreen excels in. :biggrin: :laughing: :biggrin:

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

99 posts in a year and a half...why do you even bother to stay here then?

He can visit anytime he wants too. Just as you do.

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

What with only 99 posts here, why would you be concerned about arguments?

What does the number of total posts have to do with the level of concern ?

Would one be less concerned with a post count of 1,750 ? :rolleyes:

M

Mower manic

This is something that has puzzled myself as well. It's as if your credibility corresponds directly with your post count. A Phd in lawnmowers means nothing without a large number under your join date.
We all started with one...didn't we?
From one low post count guy to another....
Understand that this is just the attitude of one and not sanctioned by the collective or LMF
Thanks for participating, Sammy!

K

KennyV

You bring up a very interesting point...
Post count...This is one "feature" I wish did NOT exist...It is Not a good incentive for 'contributing' to any forum...
The only thing it does that I have seen, is bring out the lowest "bully" mentality in those folks so shallow they think it is a status symbol AND some indicator of Their importance....
It would serve everyone better if it were TURNED OFF ...
Then the only merit given for ANY particular post would be that post's content... With No additional implication perceived by the "post count group"...

In a perfect forum the post count would be coupled to a random number generator and It would assign any number from 1 to 10,000... it would to me be Just as important and meaning full as the system that keeps track of the Number of times anyone enters any Public place...
For those that live for their 'post count' ... eventually they could get a high score ... and that might make them feel better about themselves ... for a few seconds. :smile:KennyV

K

KennyV

This is something that has puzzled myself as well. It's as if your credibility corresponds directly with your post count. A Phd in lawnmowers means nothing without a large number under your join date.
We all started with one...didn't we?
From one low post count guy to another....
Understand that this is just the attitude of one and not sanctioned by the collective or LMF
Thanks for participating, Sammy!

Correct.... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

JDgreen

Correct.... :smile:KennyV

DISAGREE !!!!!!

M

Mower manic

DISAGREE !!!!!!
I know there has to be more.....It's been raining here all weekend and the game doesn't start til 1:00pm.
come on....tell us how you feel, don't pull any punches...let it go.

JDgreen

JDgreen

I know there has to be more.....It's been raining here all weekend and the game doesn't start til 1:00pm.
come on....tell us how you feel, don't pull any punches...let it go.

WHY BOTHER TOO MUCH WORK !!!!!!

Ric

Ric

Post count...This is one "feature" I wish did NOT exist...It is Not a good incentive for 'contributing' to any forum...
The only thing it does that I have seen, is bring out the lowest "bully" mentality in those folks so shallow they think it is a status symbol AND some indicator of Their importance....
Then the only merit given for ANY particular post would be that post's content... With No additional implication perceived by the "post count group"...

In a perfect forum the post count would be coupled to a random number generator and It would assign any number from 1 to 10,000... it would to me be Just as important and meaning full as the system that keeps track of the Number of times anyone enters any Public place...
For those that live for their 'post count' ... eventually they could get a high score ... and that might make them feel better about themselves ... for a few seconds. :smile:KennyV

It is a very interesting point. Post count shouldn't be used as an incentive for contributing to a forum. A post should be judged on its content as the poster should be.
I personally like the Reputation System, using it a post and poster either earns positive points or negative points for a posting and its content. The points are judged and given by the forum membership that way you can tell if someone is truly contributing to the forum subject matter or is posting total trash just to pad there post count.:smile:

jmurray01

jmurray01

If they turn off the post count, I'm leaving LMF! :mad:

Ric

Ric

Post count doesn't really mean anything, it's the subject matter of the post or message that counts. I really don't understand why the number of or count matters.:rolleyes:

Carscw

Carscw

Maybe if the only posts that was counted was the one that gave advice or helped fix something Like can anyone tell me why my 22 hp Briggs will only start if I take one plug out and ground it then I put plug back in and it won't run.

Ric

Ric

Maybe if the only posts that was counted was the one that gave advice or helped fix something Like can anyone tell me why my 22 hp Briggs will only start if I take one plug out and ground it then I put plug back in and it won't run.

Yea that might be nice, but who's to say what is good advice. I think a person can tell what a good post is over something that's been posted to pad ones post count.

JDgreen

JDgreen

Yea that might be nice, but who's to say what is good advice. I think a person can tell what a good post is over something that's been posted to pad ones post count.

Yeah....I disagree

Carscw

Carscw

Maybe a high post count means you have helped alot of people on here with ? They might have I was told a couple of weeks ago I did not know anything because I only had 20 post.

JDgreen

JDgreen

Post count doesn't really mean anything, it's the subject matter of the post or message that counts. I really don't understand why the number of or count matters.:rolleyes:

DISAGREE AGAIN

JDgreen

JDgreen

FINE WITH ME. Where are your caravan pics?

Ric

Ric

Maybe a high post count means you have helped alot of people on here with ? They might have I was told a couple of weeks ago I did not know anything because I only had 20 post.

No a high post count doesn't mean anything. If an individual has twenty or Two thousand doesn't matter, your post are as valuable as anyone else's and your knowledge is just as good.:thumbsup:

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

DISAGREE AGAIN

I disagree. :biggrin:

jmurray01

jmurray01

I disagree. :biggrin:
I'm getting confused with all these disagreements :laughing:

jmurray01

jmurray01

The post count is good because it is an intensive to keep posting (informative, I'd hope) replies/threads to get you to the next milestone (Gold, Platinum etc...).

Yes, there are some people who will use it as a reason to hate a member, but that is life.

Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water guys!

jmurray01

jmurray01

FINE WITH ME. Where are your caravan pics?
Thanks buddy! :laughing:

Here are the pictures I promised you, your majesty! *Bows and Scrapes*

DSCI0021.jpg

DSCI0022.jpg

DSCI0023.jpg

It is a 12 Foot Wide, 2 Bedroom Caravan.

Ric

Ric

The post count is good because it is an intensive to keep posting (informative, I'd hope) replies/threads to get you to the next milestone (Gold, Platinum etc...).

Yes, there are some people who will use it as a reason to hate a member, but that is life.

Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water guys!

Yes I would agree, the post count is an incentive to keep people posting as that's what it was designed to do, however I don't believe people use it as a reason to hate a member.

The problem occurs when it's misused by some people as you say to pad ones post count so claims of superiority of contribution can be made when in es-scents their contribution has nothing to do with the subject matter of the forum.

Wayne195

Wayne195

I totally agree with you, Kenny; it seems like the post count has practically ruined some forums because of the large amount of members that are there just to get a high post count rather than be helpful to the other members.

JDgreen

JDgreen

I totally agree with you, Kenny; it seems like the post count has practically ruined some forums because of the large amount of members that are there just to get a high post count rather than be helpful to the other members.

DISAGREE AGAIN.....who is to decide whether someone here is helpful or not....so now some people want to keep track of who is being helpful by using their OWN standards...is that what you are saying?

I know I have tried to assist a LOT of members here, want to add those posts up and tell me I am NOT being helpful?

Briana

Briana

You've mentioned that it happens at TBN, but I've been a member there for several years and never noticed it. Where do you find it over there? How are these people selected? Is it a voting process? What is the criteria? what time of the month are the recipients announced?

To those of you who haven't seen the TBN Member of the Month, it's located in the News sections on the home page: Member of the Month - TractorByNet.com

Members are selected based on how actively they post, how long they've been a member, and sometimes different criteria, which varies. They are either selected by our staff or submitted as nominations. MOTM is updated with a new featured member on the first of every month.

Up until this point, there has not been any hostility/jealousy surrounding MOTM, but it has been a kind way of recognizing great contributors.

Overall, we appreciate the suggestion and we'll certainly consider it! :smile:

JDgreen

JDgreen

To those of you who haven't seen the TBN Member of the Month, it's located in the News sections on the home page: Member of the Month - TractorByNet.com

Members are selected based on how actively they post, how long they've been a member, and sometimes different criteria, which varies. They are either selected by our staff or submitted as nominations. MOTM is updated with a new featured member on the first of every month.

Up until this point, there has not been any hostility/jealousy surrounding MOTM, but it has been a kind way of recognizing great contributors.

Overall, we appreciate the suggestion and we'll certainly consider it! :smile:

Thanks...I keep suggesting it mainly because I feel it would be an asset to LMF, perhaps not just now, but maybe in the future. Never hurts to think of ways to expand the forum, does it?

JDgreen

JDgreen

Okay Wayne...one last remark...suppose 100% of your 101 posts here helped someone. And perhaps maybe only 10% of my 2700 here did...I helped 270 people vs your 101.

EVERYBODY GOT THAT????? :biggrin::thumbsup:

Carscw

Carscw

With all the help you all have gave why still can no one tell me why my engine runs when I take the plug out and won't run when I put it back in????? If I keep asking I will be up to 100 post in no time: lol

jmurray01

jmurray01

With all the help you all have gave why still can no one tell me why my engine runs when I take the plug out and won't run when I put it back in????? If I keep asking I will be up to 100 post in no time: lol
I assume you mean a 2 Cylinder engine ?

If you are talking about a 1 Cylinder engine, you are most certainly taking the p***.

Carscw

Carscw

It's a 20 hp Briggs twin with one coil for both plugs It runs very good but sometimes it will not start so I pull one plug and ground it to check for spark and it starts I shut it down put plug back in and it won't start. I crank it for about two mins and it will start. Carb is new not rebuilt coil is new plugs are new most times will start fine About every 3rd yard it will do this

jmurray01

jmurray01

It's a 20 hp Briggs twin with one coil for both plugs It runs very good but sometimes it will not start so I pull one plug and ground it to check for spark and it starts I shut it down put plug back in and it won't start. I crank it for about two mins and it will start. Carb is new not rebuilt coil is new plugs are new most times will start fine About every 3rd yard it will do this
I'd say there is a valve problem with the cylinder you take the plug out of, causing there to be built up pressure in that cylinder and the valve not opening to release it.

Carscw

Carscw

Thank you for your time and your help I think I will toss it in a corner and put the diesel back on

Briana

Briana

Thanks...I keep suggesting it mainly because I feel it would be an asset to LMF, perhaps not just now, but maybe in the future. Never hurts to think of ways to expand the forum, does it?

Certainly doesn't. We are constantly keeping our eyes open for ways to improve.

We appreciate feedback, so thank you. :smile:

J

jamesslcx

What would a member of the month hurt? In fact I nominate...me for Member of the Decade because I'm so charming and manly!:laughing:

Parkmower

Parkmower

jamesslcx said:
In fact I nominate...me for Member of the Decade because I'm so charming and manly!:laughing:

I second. All in favor

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

I abstain. :cool:

A

Ariena

jmurray01 said:

I think we should make JD the Member of the Month.
Then we can find out where he gets the time to post nearly 3000 times in 18 months. (Most of them mono phrasing).
E.G. "I Disagree".
He might also introduce the other person in his life. Who knows what we may learn? He deserves a special repute when he spends his life posting here.
So , come on let's hear it for JD!!!

JDgreen

JDgreen

Nearly 3000 times in 18 months....well, first off, I am retired with lots of spare time, and I have a huge collection of snappy patter to share with you other members. If they gave MOTM awards for being the biggest smart-a-- here I would certainly come out way ahead.

BTW, "mono phrasing" is an insult, I devote a LOT of my time to lengthy, long winded posts. So there.

A

Ariena

JDgreen said:
Nearly 3000 times in 18 months....well, first off, I am retired with lots of spare time, and I have a huge collection of snappy patter to share with you other members. If they gave MOTM awards for being the biggest smart-a-- here I would certainly come out way ahead.

BTW, "mono phrasing" is an insult, I devote a LOT of my time to lengthy, long winded posts. So there.

Well, what an Ego!
"Mono Phrasing" isn't an insult.
If I wanted to insult you, I would use 7 words that would remove any ""self respect" you have remaining, along with your "chosen lifestyle".

I, unlike you, haven't the time to banter with you and all your silly, giggling little friends. (snappy patter???)
Keep on posting JD, maybe your significant other could join in (in the posting I mean).

There are some very good, helpful and interesting people on this site.
Briana, Mohammed, thank you for your time and efforts. I apologize if I have offended any of you.

I thank you for my time here.

JD, I enjoyed your simplistic replies you provided even if they were resplendent with spelling and grammatical errors.

Good Luck in your future, and be sure you and your partner get your yearly check ups.

JDgreen

JDgreen

Well, what an Ego!
If I wanted to insult you, I would use 7 words that would remove any ""self respect" you have remaining, along with your "chosen lifestyle".

I, unlike you, haven't the time to banter with you and all your silly, giggling little friends. (snappy patter???)
Keep on posting JD, maybe your significant other could join in (in the posting I mean).

Briana, Mohammed, thank you for your time and efforts. I apologize if I have offended any of you.

JD, I enjoyed your simplistic replies you provided even if they were resplendent with spelling and grammatical errors.

Good Luck in your future, and be sure you and your partner get your yearly check ups.

Do I interpret that as you say I have NOT been good, helpful, and interesting? And you have not offended me in any way, instead, I have enjoyed your wittiness and good natured jibes.

As for my errors, if you could read them, they couldn't have been that bad....:laughing:

Hurry back, you are always welcome here on LMF !!!

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

.......... (Most of them mono phrasing).
E.G. "I Disagree".

I do that a lot also ! :biggrin:

See the following post.

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

.......... If they gave MOTM awards for being the biggest smart-a-- here I would certainly come out way ahead.

I Agree. :laughing:

JDgreen

JDgreen

I Agree. :laughing:

I DISAGREE !!! :laughing:

jmurray01

jmurray01

Well, what an Ego!

Briana, Mohammed, jmurray01, thank you for your time and efforts. I apologize if I have offended any of you.

:laughing: Wow that reply gave me a laugh!

Ric

Ric

Talk about an Ego!! Wow :eek:. Has it come down to editing and or altering someones else's postings now. I'm glad you think it's funny, I think that stinks.gif. I wonder if Ariena would think it's funny. I'd be :mad:.

jmurray01

jmurray01

Talk about an Ego!! Wow :eek:. Has it come down to editing and or altering someones else's postings now. I'm glad you think it's funny, I think View attachment 3824. I wonder if Ariena would think it's funny. I'd be :mad:.
Oh for Gods Sake, can't you take a joke!? :laughing:

M

Mower manic

Oh yea I it get now...
"There are some very good, helpful and interesting people on this site".....
jmurray01

That's hilarious, It sarcasm! jmurray01 is neither interesting or helpful...yea ok he's good, certainly not interesting:giggle:.
It's interesting that JD is the self proclaimed king, and this murray person is his queen or prince or whatever. The audacity is fascinating and perplexing at the same time. What next? I can't wait. Lawnmowers are inane compared to this drama. How can one person successfully annoy so many just by pecking away on his keyboard?
Very entertaining, you most definetly have a talent JD:laughing::wink:
Keep up the good work.

JDgreen

JDgreen

Oh yea I get now...
jmurray01

That's hilarious, It sarcasm! jmurray01 is neither interesting or helpful...yea ok he's good, certainly not interesting:giggle:.
It's interesting that JD is the self proclaimed king, and this murray person is his queen or prince or whatever. The audacity is fascinating and perplexing at the same time. What next? I can't wait. Lawnmowers are inane compared to this drama. How can one person successfully annoy so many just by pecking away on his keyboard?
Keep up the good work.

MM, how many threads have you started on LMF? How much help have you given other members here? Your sole purpose here appears to be running down me and Jmurray...talk about drama !!! Talk about perplexing!!! Talk about audacity !!! Lets see YOU start some threads here for a change and I can sit back and generate critical remarks and sarcasm aimed at YOU....fair enough? You say you can't wait to see what is next....makes you look rather pitiful if you have to wait for me or JMurray to say something just so you can tag along so you will have something to comment on.

You may be a bright boy, if so, start a thread instead of just tagging along....GOT THAT?????

JDgreen

JDgreen

Talk about an Ego!! Wow :eek:. Has it come down to editing and or altering someones else's postings now. I'm glad you think it's funny, I think View attachment 3824. I wonder if Ariena would think it's funny. I'd be :mad:.

WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK?????

JDgreen

JDgreen

Jmurray, WHO CARES WHAT THE TROLLS HERE THINK?????

M

Mower manic

MM, how many threads have you started on LMF? How much help have you given other members here? Your sole purpose here appears to be running down me and Jmurray...talk about drama !!! Talk about perplexing!!! Talk about audacity !!! Lets see YOU start some threads here for a change and I can sit back and generate critical remarks and sarcasm aimed at YOU....fair enough? You say you can't wait to see what is next....makes you look rather pitiful if you have to wait for me or JMurray to say something just so you can tag along so you will have something to comment on.

You may be a bright boy, if so, start a thread instead of just tagging along....GOT THAT?????

Got it!
Post count is low, I'm a troll, your the king and Jm is the queen.
The last post was a contribution, but you knew that. I would contribute more often but my priorities won't allow it. I'll continue to do what I can around here, as do you.
The big difference between me and you is I ask nothing in return.

Ric

Ric

I didn't know that status on LMF was judged by post count, I thought it was by useful contribution not padding ones post count with completely useless rhetoric. Talk about audacity. Talk about trolls OMG.

Hummm, :rolleyes: Start a thread here for a change so you can sit back and generate critical remarks and sarcasm....fair enough, I can do that but just remember you asked for it.

jmurray01

jmurray01

Jmurray, WHO CARES WHAT THE TROLLS HERE THINK?????
Not me, but I was a bit insulted when the lead troll called me a queen...

Maybe it was my lipstick... :eek:

jmurray01

jmurray01

Oh yea I it get now...
jmurray01

Keep up the good work.
:laughing: That coming from a troll who sits around browsing threads but never starting any!? Oh woops, I got that wrong, you started two threads... Compared to me and JD who have probably started more threads than you ever will.

Parkmower

Parkmower

jmurray01 said:
:laughing: That coming from a troll who sits around browsing threads but never starting any!? Oh woops, I got that wrong, you started two threads... Compared to me and JD who have probably started more threads than you ever will.

Wow I think I heard that already. And who cares if you start threads like" what's your perfect place to live, what would you do if you had a million dollars" thats garbage. Let's get it back to mowers

jmurray01

jmurray01

Wow I think I heard that already. And who cares if you start threads like" what's your perfect place to live, what would you do if you had a million dollars" thats garbage. Let's get it back to mowers
You can't judge me by picking out two threads that I created.

The simple fact is, that if I can help somebody, I will.

Parkmower

Parkmower

I will say you do contribute on tech questions. But yr still too tight wit JD witch drops you down a few rungs. Lol

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

Re: ...................... So Much Drama Here !

Let us all play nice now.....Be good little boys and girls. :biggrin: :laughing: :biggrin:

Wayne195

Wayne195

Re: ...................... So Much Drama Here !

Let us all play nice now.....Be good little boys and girls. :biggrin: :laughing: :biggrin:
I agree, and just in case you slickers can't read this... I agree!

JDgreen

JDgreen

I will say you do contribute on tech questions. But yr still too tight wit JD witch drops you down a few rungs. Lol

You are only a silver member here WITCH (sic) drops you down with the bottom feeders.....:laughing:

JDgreen

JDgreen

Got it!
Post count is low, I'm a troll, your the king and Jm is the queen.
The last post was a contribution, but you knew that. I would contribute more often but my priorities won't allow it. I'll continue to do what I can around here, as do you.
The big difference between me and you is I ask nothing in return.

Your post count may be low because you never contribute, just hang around and be critical of those who do. GOT THAT????

Parkmower

Parkmower

JDgreen said:
You are only a silver member here WITCH (sic) drops you down with the bottom feeders.....:laughing:

Really don't care about post count.

jmurray01

jmurray01

Yeah, good thing he isn't a bronze member, or he'd get thrown into a big water pit with piranhas...

Parkmower

Parkmower

Sammy the Red said:

I AGREE!!!
See I can do it too! Wow that's easy

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

Sic - when added just after a quote or reprinted text, indicates the passage appears exactly as in the original source.

Where is the quote you are referring to ? :rolleyes:

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

Yeah, good thing he isn't a bronze member, or he'd get thrown into a big water pit with piranhas...

Oh No !!!! .......... Help Me Mr. Bill ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

jmurray01

jmurray01

Oh No !!!! .......... Help Me Mr. Bill ! :eek: :eek: :eek:
:laughing: You'd better brace yourself - I haven't fed them lately!

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

Not me, but I was a bit insulted when the lead troll called me a queen...

Maybe it was my lipstick... :eek:
Good one!
That's funny.... Your not really wearing lipstick ...are you?:ashamed:

jmurray01

jmurray01

Good one!
That's funny.... Your not really wearing lipstick ...are you?:ashamed:
Hmm... :rolleyes:

K

KennyV

It is good that this moronic fixation on "post count" and a need that some have for a pat on the back, is taking place in the "Site Discussion" Forum...
This way anyone new that wants to see what this place is all about can see this one thread and quickly see.

I so wish Mohammad would turn OFF all post count, or at least suspend all count until this quest for self recognition is gone from these forums.

Those of you that have 'threatened to leave ... Please do, your petty bickering may seem quick witted & cute, but it is neither... It is not adding to the forums.
The non sense that post count OR number of irrelevant threads stared or replied back to is of NO merit.

Anything that may have been contributed that could have been positive is soon outweighed by the childish rants and choosing of sides....
This site Was capable of policing itself for a Long while... but now there seems to be a Post count makes right attitude. Post count still means Nothing especially when you look at the position YOU would like to hold over those with a lesser "number"...

I said earlier that a member of the month was not needed or wanted... I left out that it is NOT deserved.
I do believe this place could stand some moderators NOW... and one of the FIRST things that should be done is to lock down THIS thread & any other thread that starts to ridicule individual members.

Allowing this childish bickering to continue only keeps it 'current' for new members to see that "anything goes" ... It is against the Forum Rules ... & there should be NO need to remind some folks of this, while you are there read the Terms of Use...

We need No member of the Month. We need some moderators... we can not seem to do it ourselves without some wanting to be a bully ... :frown:KennyV

For those new to Our Forum ... it is generally a helpful group... Your post count is of No significance, The number of threads you have started is not of any merit... there are thousands of threads here... We normally do not behave this badly & I hope you will look elsewhere on these Forums to see who we really are... :smile:KennyV

bakerg

bakerg

It is good that this moronic fixation on "post count" and a need that some have for a pat on the back, is taking place in the "Site Discussion" Forum...
This way anyone new that wants to see what this place is all about can see this one thread and quickly see.

I so wish Mohammad would turn OFF all post count, or at least suspend all count until this quest for self recognition is gone from these forums.

Those of you that have 'threatened to leave ... Please do, your petty bickering may seem quick witted & cute, but it is neither... It is not adding to the forums.
The non sense that post count OR number of irrelevant threads stared or replied back to is of NO merit.

Anything that may have been contributed that could have been positive is soon outweighed by the childish rants and choosing of sides....
This site Was capable of policing itself for a Long while... but now there seems to be a Post count makes right attitude. Post count still means Nothing especially when you look at the position YOU would like to hold over those with a lesser "number"...

I said earlier that a member of the month was not needed or wanted... I left out that it is NOT deserved.
I do believe this place could stand some moderators NOW... and one of the FIRST things that should be done is to lock down THIS thread & any other thread that starts to ridicule individual members.

Allowing this childish bickering to continue only keeps it 'current' for new members to see that "anything goes" ... It is against the Forum Rules ... & there should be NO need to remind some folks of this, while you are there read the Terms of Use...

We need No member of the Month. We need some moderators... we can not seem to do it ourselves without some wanting to be a bully ... :frown:KennyV

For those new to Our Forum ... it is generally a helpful group... Your post count is of No significance, The number of threads you have started is not of any merit... there are thousands of threads here... We normally do not behave this badly & I hope you will look elsewhere on these Forums to see who we really are... :smile:KennyV
Here, Here.:thumbsup::thumbsup::biggrin:

jmurray01

jmurray01

Why do I feel like I'm being told off by my teacher ? :laughing:

Wayne195

Wayne195

Why do I feel like I'm being told off by my teacher ? :laughing:
Because you ARE being told off by your teacher:smile:. All joking aside, if the bickering doesn't stop in this thread I will personally contact Muhammad and ask him to close this thread.

Back to the issue that started this whole ordeal;why do any of you think it's neccecary to have a member of the month...is not because YOU think YOU would be awarded that position?? Well, any of you that were actively invoved in this thread have just reduced your chances of ever being the MOTM here.

Wayne

bakerg

bakerg

Because you ARE being told off by your teacher:smile:. All joking aside, if the bickering doesn't stop in this thread I will personally contact Muhammad and ask him to close this thread.

Back to the issue that started this whole ordeal;why do any of you think it's neccecary to have a member of the month...is not because YOU think YOU would be awarded that position?? Well, any of you that were actively invoved in this thread have just reduced your chances of ever being the MOTM here.

Wayne
Maybe they just want to win a LMF hat or tshirt.:confused2::laughing:

jmurray01

jmurray01

Maybe they just want to win a LMF hat or tshirt.:confused2::laughing:
Or a crown in JDs case :laughing:

JDgreen

JDgreen

Wayne

OP here, if you don't like the thread you don't have to read it....so there. So now YOU feel you have the right to ask this thread be closed? What Drama !!! What Audacity!!!

I have a lot of disagreements with things other members here propose but if they want to say what they think good for them.

M

Mower manic

All joking aside, if the bickering doesn't stop in this thread I will personally contact Muhammad and ask him to close this thread.

Looks like there's a new sheriff in town.
No more bickering or he's going to tell!
I for one will heed my warning, and I'm not going to bicker any more.
JD you might want to listen up lest you get reported. Seems like this sheriff means business and the king is about to be displaced.
The plot thickens......what's next?

twall

twall

People wonder why I bailed out........:rolleyes:

You've all gone nuts.

twall

twall

Talk about an Ego!! Wow :eek:. Has it come down to editing and or altering **blah blah blah smiley blah blah smiley**

Like that?

Get a friggin sense of humor, or jump off a bridge. ALL OF YOU. Like I said elsewhere - stir the poop to keep the smelly stuff on top. Just nuts.

Briana

Briana

Hello All,

I think this thread has reached the end of its productive life, so it has been closed.

Keep on mowin' :dance1: