Stihl FS45 Trimmer Engine Problem

JTL

Forum Newbie
I have a fs45 trimmer that i can not figure out what the problem is thought someone could help.I put a carb on it thought that was what it was but still doing the same.I can full choke it and it will idle but when i go to give it throttle it just dies.I can go to half choke and it will go full power than like it runs out of gas.It has a zama carb on it now which is just got one air screw i back it out 1 1/2 turns still didnt help than i changed the intake off thinking it might have a pin hole in it that didnt help either.Could it be a gas tank?Do these models have a filter in the tank or not i cant see one in there?Its like its sucking air from some were but i just cant seem to figure this one out.Im also thinking it might be the head gasket could it be bad?Im not no mechanic but i do know a little about how to work on things i just need someone to tell me what to check for or what to look for.



Thanks For Any Info!
John
 
WELCOME to LMF John...

How old are the fuel lines? They will crack and fail, or get mushy and expand to where they do not fit tight...
Here is a youtube covering R&R fuel lines Stihl FS38 Fuel Line Replacement - YouTube
on a Stihl trimmer... :smile:KennyV

OK,i will check them good i just thought that if they wasnt leaking that they are ok but i will check them.What is good compression on these trimmers?


Thanks John
 
As mentioned, I'll bet your fuel lines will do the trick. The spark arrestor tip is a good one, and heck, throw in a new spark plug, too.:thumbsup::biggrin:
 
Ok,ill try everything you guys have mentioned and let you know what happens.


Thanks For Help!
 
Back
Top