Stens Spark Plugs Card Pack

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just use NGK-2460 to replace both the Champion RC12YC and the NGK-BKR5E. The only differences between the BKR5E and the BKR5ES is that the BKR5ES has a copper core and it cost $0.09 more. Much easier to stock one plug instead three different ones.

A conversion chart is so helpful. I have a one saved on my puter.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try to get an rc12yc or equivalent from stens right now. Had a shop pack backordered most of the year.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I
Just use NGK-2460 to replace both the Champion RC12YC and the NGK-BKR5E. The only differences between the BKR5E and the BKR5ES is that the BKR5ES has a copper core and it cost $0.09 more. Much easier to stock one plug instead three different ones.
I need to consolidate my plugs like that.
I keep BPR6ES for Honda's.
BPR4ES for the occasionally Kawasaki mule 600 or 610 that comes in fouling the plug put.
RC12YC will cover most briggs, and j19lm.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Stens get their filters from Champion
IF the plug has a Champion plug number on it then it has to be either a Champion plug or made by an authorised Champion sub contractor
Considering the tiny margin on spark plugs I would imagine that Champion has a factory in China
Down here people just did not trust the Torch branded plugs

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stens get their filters from Champion
IF the plug has a Champion plug number on it then it has to be either a Champion plug or made by an authorised Champion sub contractor
Considering the tiny margin on spark plugs I would imagine that Champion has a factory in China
Down here people just did not trust the Torch branded plugs
There were not any Chanpion part numbers on the spark plugs, just a Stens part number. The picture sent in the Stens email doesn’t look like the actual plug in the packaging. I suppose whoever produced the plugs, runs batches through for special part number markings. Much like oil filter makers run Kohler, Briggs, Kawasaki, Stens, Rotary, Motorcraft, AC Delco, and so forth through for special paint colors and labels.

Last edited:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I

I need to consolidate my plugs like that.
I keep BPR6ES for Honda's.
BPR4ES for the occasionally Kawasaki mule 600 or 610 that comes in fouling the plug put.
RC12YC will cover most briggs, and j19lm.
RC12YC covers a lot of Kohler engines too.

mcostello

Threads
Bought 3 Champions from TSC. They all failed within a couple of hours. Never again.