Stens Spark Plugs Card Pack

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was at Tractor Supply today. I was in the mower parts area and looking their spark plugs. They had an extensive selection of Stens card pack plugs. I checked the replacement part for the Champion RC12YC plug. The plug is made in China. Has Stens started repacking Torch brand spark plugs.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was at Tractor Supply today. I was in the mower parts area and looking their spark plugs. They had an extensive selection of Stens card pack plugs. I checked the replacement part for the Champion RC12YC plug. The plug is made in China. Has Stens started repacking Torch brand spark plugs.

I usually try to use NGK or Champion. I think it's because I know they're good plugs. Plus I can remember their numbers. I've gotten a lot of those Torch and other off brand plugs (when they come with a carburetor) but never use them. It's just too much trouble trying to make the numbers.

Wait, did you say TSC was selling Stens products?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I usually try to use NGK or Champion. I think it's because I know they're good plugs. Plus I can remember their numbers. I've gotten a lot of those Torch and other off brand plugs (when they come with a carburetor) but never use them. It's just too much trouble trying to make the numbers.

Wait, did you say TSC was selling Stens products?
Yes, Tractor Supply is selling Stens products.
I’m not sure if they are Torch or some other brand that happens to be made in China. The card packs are printed Made in China and only a Stens part number is on the plugs.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, Tractor Supply is selling Stens products.
I’m not sure if they are Torch or some other brand that happens to be made in China. The card packs are printed Made in China and only a Stens part number is on the plugs.
I emailed customer service at Stens. I got a canned answer to check with Tractor Supply. That is about as lame of an answer that I’ve ever read or heard.

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are some NGK plugs coming from china as well. I avoid those.

shurguywutt

Threads
I recently ordered a Rotary maintenance kit for my Toro. It comes with everything including spark plugs. I know the engine specs Champion RC12YC but I am going to try whatever comes with the kit. I will clean and save the old Champions in case there is an issue.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Rotary Maintenance Kit for my Kohler equipped Gravely lists two NGK BKR5E spark plugs.
It’s a good idea to clean, re-gap, and save the old set of plugs.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just use NGK-2460 to replace both the Champion RC12YC and the NGK-BKR5E. The only differences between the BKR5E and the BKR5ES is that the BKR5ES has a copper core and it cost $0.09 more. Much easier to stock one plug instead three different ones.