Starting perfessional landscaping

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
My point was that not every homeowner wants to talk all the time. The most I hear from most of them are when they change they gate code or going to be out of town and need to water the inside plants

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
My point was that not every homeowner wants to talk all the time. The most I hear from most of them are when they change they gate code or going to be out of town and need to water the inside plants

You can have a client relationship without talking to homeowners all the time. The relationship is made by listening to the client/ homeowner about there wants and needs and being there when you say your going to be there and taking care of and doing the job you're supposed to do.

I have clients that bring there monthly payments by the house and slide them through the door or place them in the mailbox they even knock on the door and we talk a few minutes about them being out of town and ask about paying for upcoming services and I just say no not to worry about it until they get time or get back it's no big deal. I never pressed anyone for a payment and never will and I would never have anything to do with the inside of anyone's home that's just trouble looking to happen IMO. I think having a relationship with clients is a lot more than talk.

MSlandscaping

Threads
Ric said:
You can have a client relationship without talking to homeowners all the time. The relationship is made by listening to the client/ homeowner about there wants and needs and being there when you say your going to be there and taking care of and doing the job you're supposed to do.

I have clients that bring there monthly payments by the house and slide them through the door or place them in the mailbox they even knock on the door and we talk a few minutes about them being out of town and ask about paying for upcoming services and I just say no not to worry about it until they get time or get back it's no big deal. I never pressed anyone for a payment and never will and I would never have anything to do with the inside of anyone's home that's just trouble looking to happen IMO. I think having a relationship with clients is a lot more than talk.

I agree with you on this one Ric

Threads
I think that most of our clients over the past 16 years liked the way we did not hassle the homeowner. However, we set up a plan from the beginning and stuck to it. We even had the majority of our customers signing up online for our services without much conversation. We developed a system that gave instant online quotes through our website and it worked incredibly well at getting new business. Acculawnsystems.com is the system that can help you with this method.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow $10 to $15 a cut?
The low ballers here get $30 to $40 to cut trim blow. To edge the drive is extra for them

To edge the drive is extra for them? There in is the problem. Why should part of the job be extra? Those guys IMO that charge by the foot or by the minute are only interested in the money and don't care about the job or the people they're working for. If you want to charge a little extra for hedge trimming, tree trimming or flower bed work something that's in that type of category fine.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric said:
To edge the drive is extra for them? There in is the problem. Why should part of the job be extra? Those guys IMO that charge by the foot or by the minute are only interested in the money and don't care about the job or the people they're working for. If you want to charge a little extra for hedge trimming, tree trimming or flower bed work something that's in that type of category fine.

Ok don't have a heart attack
I agree with you 100%.

We saw a guy cut a yard the other day did not pick up any trash (paper ) just mowed right over it left little white paper all over the yard and Bermuda sprigs hanging over the curb.
I wanted to go talk to the homeowner.
I would cut that yard for gas money just so this guy could not

Threads
Ok don't have a heart attack
I agree with you 100%.

We saw a guy cut a yard the other day did not pick up any trash (paper ) just mowed right over it left little white paper all over the yard and Bermuda sprigs hanging over the curb.
I wanted to go talk to the homeowner.
I would cut that yard for gas money just so this guy could not

I know, I hate when I see people who don't do a good job, and probably are just in it for the money, and don't take pride in their work.