Starting perfessional landscaping

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree, client relationships are very important. Doing great work and communicating with your clients will keep them loyal to you. I cant remember the last time we lost a client to a "cheaper" competitor.
A good relationship lets them know that you care, and aren't just there to get paid.

Agreed, client relationship is important and it's funny you said doing great work and communicating with your clients keeps them loyal.
Communication or the lack of seems to be the number one complaint from most of my new clientele whose lawns I take on. I can't count the number of times I've heard I can't get get the guy on the phone or I leave messages and they wont return my calls and I haven't seen the guy in a month. You should always respond to your clients.

Threads
You should always respond to your clients.

And then the people probably wonder why the customer chose another company to mow their lawn. Duh! Maybe if you returned their calls, you would still have them as a customer!:cool:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
And then the people probably wonder why the customer chose another company to mow their lawn. Duh! Maybe if you returned their calls, you would still have them as a customer!:cool:

I think that's the problem with to many lawn-care businesses today. To much of what they care about is there bottom line and the almighty dollar instead of the job. :frown:

Threads
I think that's the problem with to many lawn-care businesses today. To much of what they care about is there bottom line and the almighty dollar instead of the job. :frown:

I agree! :smile:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess I deal with a different clientele I have home owners that did not like that company always called and said we will be out tomorrow is there any thing you would like us to do.
They pay me to take care of the property they should never have to call and tell me they want something done. When it's time to change out flowers I just do it. People just want a good job and they don't mind paying good money.
If they have to call you to ask you to trim a bush or remove a weed then you are not doing your job

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
landscaper2 said he needed help with some pricing of lawns and property maintenance. I was looking at some of the Craigslist ads last night and the going rate for this area for a start up businesses are people doing Lawn-care that includes mowing, trimming, edging and clean up/blower for between $10 and $15 a cut, some are trying for $20.
Over the last year there have been a number of good size businesses fold up in the surrounding area and with the number of start up company's available to call with the cheaper prices I can see the bigger company's really starting to to have some problems. So anyone considering a start up lawn-care business better be prepared to cater to there clientele or they may not keep them long.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow $10 to $15 a cut?
The low ballers here get $30 to $40 to cut trim blow. To edge the drive is extra for them

Lawnranger

Threads
Wow $10 to $15 a cut?
The low ballers here get $30 to $40 to cut trim blow. To edge the drive is extra for them

Location, location, location. Just like real estate.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Location, location, location. Just like real estate.

I agree, location can have a lot to do with your pricing structure but so can the economy and more people seem to be looking to the smaller type businesses with lesser prices than the bigger outfits.
I think there are more and more start up company's today than ever before and there not interested in the bottom line, they're people trying to pay there bills every month and survive, that's there bottom line.

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess I deal with a different clientele I have home owners that did not like that company always called and said we will be out tomorrow is there any thing you would like us to do.
They pay me to take care of the property they should never have to call and tell me they want something done. When it's time to change out flowers I just do it. People just want a good job and they don't mind paying good money.
If they have to call you to ask you to trim a bush or remove a weed then you are not doing your job

I don't differentiate between clients, I treat everybody as equals. From the owner of the single wide trailer to the big homeowners I treat everyone the same and the cuts are priced according to the size of the property and what they asked to be done.