Starting issue

CLStout

Threads
Thanks much! Yeah, it's a standard B&S vacuum operated fuel pump. The electric fuel pump is intriguing. Does it run in place of the stock pump?

Forest#2

Threads
You need to try the prime thing at first so as to see if getting gas is the issue and make sure your choke butterfly on the carb is actually operating.

The low pressure pump can be installed by itself or can be installed before the pulse pump. The electric pump does not run all time and is low current drain therefore it's not an issue for your battery charging system.

You will see some Amazon 12v low pressure pumps for $20 or less. I have no experience with the $20 and less China/Amazon and I would not trust such.

I cannot refer to to an exact brand and model of pump.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Carb bowl should have enough juice to restart.

I would look at the valve lash. Check slash adjust yearly for best performance. Only takes a few minutes to adjust.

CLStout

Threads
Yeah, I've been meaning to check the valve lash. I believe it's .005 on both intake and exhaust?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah, I've been meaning to check the valve lash. I believe it's .005 on both intake and exhaust?
Download and READ your engine manual. Make sure it's for YOUR engine. Read it again. Lots of good tips in there like cleaning the cooling fins yearly and say after 5-10 years de-carbonize the cylinder/s. Last two hardly never get done.

CLStout

Threads
I do have the manual, which is where I got the numbers from.
As for the cooling fins, yes I do clean them yearly. However, I have not decarbonized the cylinders. How is that done?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do have the manual, which is where I got the numbers from.
As for the cooling fins, yes I do clean them yearly. However, I have not decarbonized the cylinders. How is that done?
Pull the head. Clean the head of carbon. Same for piston face and valves. Get behind the valves too. New head gasket. LAP THE HEAD AND BLOCK FACE. Check for head flatness.

CLStout

Threads
OK, I checked the valve lash, and both cylinders needed adjusted. They were tighter than the factory specs call for. Those were all adjusted to .005. The spark plugs were also gapped a hair too big, so those were adjusted, also. I didn't start it yet because the gasket sealer needs to set up.