Spring undone and I can't locate where it came from.

Mower girl 1

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Spring undone and I can't locate where it came from.
Hi all.

I have a MTD 13H2765F600, or MTD Thorx382 EVO1 420 cc.

I am so excited to have found this site.
I had my belt replaced and was charged €150 for the pleasure.The belt broke after 2 hours of use. I decided to do the next one myself. I took a spring off near the belt drive platform before I pulled it out and took off the cover. I have a 3 wheel belt drive. I put the new belt on no problem. I attached the spring to where I thought it belonged and started her up. The spring is attached one end to a rod attached to the forward, neutral and reverse lever. Now the mower will only go forward.

I looked at another post that said the spring attaches to somewhere behind the back wheel. I disconnected mine at the front.

I would really love some help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Debbie

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Which belt "
The one that makes the mower move
or
The one that turns the blades around ?

Mower girl 1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Which belt "
The one that makes the mower move
or
The one that turns the blades around ?

Hi there.
Thank you for responding.

I thought it was the lower belt that turns the blades. I am not 100% sure though. I couldn't see much when I crawled underneath. There is nothing obvious that moves that it would attach to given that there is a cover over the top. Would you know where the reverse and forward mechanism would be? I could then just look in that area.

I tried to look at the parts online but it is separated into sections and it doesn't show the spring connections. I have been looking now for 2 days and the weeds are getting so long. I am fed up and desperate to finish the job.

I am sorry as it was a very foolish thing to do. I had no idea it would be quite as complex.

Thanks again
Debbie

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And I would love to help you but I have less than no idea what you are talking about.
Are you talking about springs 27 or 28 in this diagram https://www.motoruf.com/n/partslists.html?id=50351594
or
Spring 25 , 26 , 27 or 28 in this diagram https://www.motoruf.com/n/partslists.html?id=50351597 ?

I appreciate that English is most likely not your first language but unfortunately it is the the only European language I know.

I'm sorry but it would not me post a reply on the forum.

I can't thank you enough for helping me out.

In the second diagram the rod that I thought the spring was attached to is 34. No problem I will get that attached to the right place which should sort out my reverse gear.

I am sure the spring is number 25 but it doesn't show where it attaches to. I think this is my problem. Hopefully if I can find where it goes I should be 100% ready to go

Shaft 32 goes into the arm with the small unnumbered pulley on it.
The same arm should have a hole for spring 25 to hook into.
Use a strong light and you should see shiny wear marks where the spring attaches

Spring # 26 simply goes from a hole in the frame to the shift shaft # 34
All it does is hold the shaft into the gate ( slots ) in the hole in the guard.
Same story there will be a wear line around the shaft where the spring goes.
What is important for the system to work is the plate # 42.
It has a step in it so the forked end goes over the rod # 3 and is then pinned into part # 12 by the pin # 10

Last edited:

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now which spring are you talking about.

Attachments

• Drive system 13H2765F600 (2017).png
    Drive system 13H2765F600 (2017).png
    675.6 KB · Views: 11

Mower girl 1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have located 25, 27 and 28 they are all secure. The only one I can't find is 26 and I can't see that on the diagrams.

image.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have located 25, 27 and 28 they are all secure. The only one I can't find is 26 and I can't see that on the diagrams.

View attachment 38350

26 is behind the left wheel under the mudguard.
If rod # 34 is not moving left - right to select F - N - R then look at the way it connect to the shift change rod # 3

Mower girl 1

Forum Newbie
Threads
It must be 26 in the lower belt area. I will open it up again and have a look. Do you know if it connects near to the cable?

Thanks for your help and patience. I'm an older lady with no knowledge of motors. You have been very kind to share your knowledge.

Mower girl 1

Forum Newbie
Threads
The rod is perfect all working. You just saved me a job thanks I will look at the back for 26.