Snapper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Tommyboyxd

Threads
Tom here from Nashville. Just got my first Snapper last weekend and unfortunately she is already down. You can check out my plea for help here and I have attached a photo but she is a little stripped down. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 37

Amelia I

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Snapper mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Snapper owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Snapper mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Snapper stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Considering getting an rer 9.5 hp 28 hi vac. It has a few issues, i.e. fuel in the oil, but if we can resolve the problems, it will be a keeper.

Patman68

Threads
Hello just purchased this SR825 Model number 250813BE

Picked it up for $150 runs good has a few issues, I do not think it is the original motor 8hp Briggs and Stratton but this motor does not have electric start. While the mower has a starter solenoid and wiring for battery. Changed oil, fresh fuel and spark plug. Something is not quite right with the deck I have to leave it, in the highest "6" setting anything lower then that and the deck hits the ground even on level concrete. It will not go lower then 4 on the setting so I am guessing something to do with the rigging. Downloaded a manual for it so will look into that soon.

Attachments

• Snapper1.jpg
    Snapper1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Snapper2.jpg
    Snapper2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 25
  • snapper3.jpg
    snapper3.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 29
Threads
Hello just purchased this SR825 Model number 250813BE

Picked it up for $150 runs good has a few issues, I do not think it is the original motor 8hp Briggs and Stratton but this motor does not have electric start. While the mower has a starter solenoid and wiring for battery. Changed oil, fresh fuel and spark plug. Something is not quite right with the deck I have to leave it, in the highest "6" setting anything lower then that and the deck hits the ground even on level concrete. It will not go lower then 4 on the setting so I am guessing something to do with the rigging. Downloaded a manual for it so will look into that soon.

Nice Snapper! I like the trailer! :thumbsup:

Patman68

Threads
Nice Snapper! I like the trailer! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I like it too, was watering some of my new trees and plants, had the bucket full of water with a smaller watering pail in the trailer. Got that for a steal of a deal also TSC had it on clearance for $79. One thing puzzles me about the Snapper mower though I have seen one on another picture as well but no mention of it in the manual. What is the small aluminum bracket on the front of the mower in the center there for??

Pat.

cashman

Threads
Looks like it probably had a thatcherizer on it at one point? It was a thing with springs that de-thatched the grass as you mowed and the bracket allowed you to disengage it from the grass.

Patman68

Threads
Looks like it probably had a thatcherizer on it at one point? It was a thing with springs that de-thatched the grass as you mowed and the bracket allowed you to disengage it from the grass.

Ah I will take your word for it lol, like I said it was on there when we bought it from the previous owner and did not think to ask when we picked it up. I use the snapper mainly for trim work around and "under" trees in the yard for which it is great!

cashman

Threads
The thatcherizer was great if you had a lot of pine straw and used a bagger. Snapper had some good stuff back in the day!

Patman68

Threads
The thatcherizer was great if you had a lot of pine straw and used a bagger. Snapper had some good stuff back in the day!

WOW okay I looked one of those up, that huge thing once hooked up to the front of my mower????

Tommyboyxd

Threads
WOW okay I looked one of those up, that huge thing once hooked up to the front of my mower????

The one that mounted to the front of the snapper was no wider than the front of the mower, but a really cool tool.