Snapper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Joe Dirt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got an old snapper rider with a 12hp B&S. Don't know the model# as the plate with that info is so worn it's white. Got a couple of issues but hopefully nothing big. Any way I can tell what model I have?

vseiferd

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new to mowers/small engines and all the adventures that come with them. After +90 degree days of push mowing my 3/4 acre my wife made me buy a riding mower. I purchased a pre-owned Snapper 30" rear engine rider from a local mower shop in 2009 and it has been great!

Larry Upnorth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Everyone. My name is Larry and I'm new to the forum as of today. I purchased my first Snapper mower last fall. It is a 150Z zero turn, 50" cut. It is a 2008 model, but was brand new when I purchased it in Oct 2010. Did not get to use it very much last fall because Winter starts early here (Northern Wisconsin). As of today, I have 25 hours on the mower.

Forum Newbie
Threads
New guy with a couple mowers, i live in town takes me <30 minutes to push mow. Bought a basic snapper push mower (s2265) earlier this year. Had nightmares with a poulan self propelled mower I had previously (went through 3 pull cords before i got the grommet replaced, lost the charger/key while stored, bad coil right now) started over with what I think is a better mower.

stock pic for now

snappers2265.jpg

also found a free 9hp snapper rer at some rental property i was cleaning up last week, pretty ragged out and sounds like a grenade waiting to happen but the price was right and im enjoying abusing it :laughing:

stock pic for now, will update with an actual pic so you can get a laugh in as well

snapper280922b.jpg

flyerdan

Threads
Free is good, fortunately where I am mowers turn up on freecycle or craigslist a lot. Picked up this Snapper about three years ago, I use it for the main mowing.
Snapper.jpg

Most of the freebies have some problems, having a shop full of tools and equipment to fix things with helps. Only major problem with this one it that it has a habit of creeping back to the lowest speed setting because the handle speed lever is broken or worn, not a big deal as I don't need to walk that fast anyway.

Had to thin the herd this past summer, they have a tendency to accumulate.
mowers.jpg

mikeypizano

Threads
Here is my 25065S when I picked it up and pushed it home! It runs great now after a lot of work, and still needs some more work. Plus I need to get a recent picture of it this summer.

IMG_0412.jpg

Snapperfreak

Threads
so i have three old snaper self-propelled mowers now. two 21351PD (pictured, the one on right obviously does not have original engine) both 1984 and a 1986 21401P (not pictured). does anyone know what year snapper went from the narrow handlebars like the mower on the left to the wide bars like the one on the right??? i think it was 1988 or 1989 but not sure. incidently, the handlebars on the one on right are n ot original either...swapped them out when i got it.

Attachments

• mowers021412 004.jpg
    mowers021412 004.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 40

snapsstorer

Threads
i purchased 2 snappers last year. both of them are pretty old models the first i bought was a ZT4400, and had to completly rewire it. it had between 600 to 700 hrs on it. the price $300. the 2nd one was in fall, it was, by the hood decal, a 2000 GX Hydro. the data plate says GT180HXXXXX. i purchased it with the mower deck and a 44HTST snowblower. I thought it was a steal at the price of $400 considering he had about $200 worth of parts for the snowblower, that he forgot how to put back together.:thumbsup::smile::thumbsup:

moedaman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy Folks!!!!

I finally got a snapper!!! I bought a 1985 RER with a grass catcher and thateraizer with a 6hp tecumpsh
I think it is a 25066 model.. I will post a pic as soon i figure that part out..well looking forward to geting to
snapper fans,, How ever the first question i have is did that year model come with a canopy/sun screen.. if so where can i find it....:cool: