Snapper engine reviving

navydad2022

Threads
I cleaned my Snapper (281223BVE) carburetor and it idles ok but when l engage the blade the engine revives up and down.it seems it is starving for More fuel.Can the fuel filter or diameter of the fuel line matter.also could it be air lock and how to prevent it.21A907 0124 E1

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would suspect that either the main jet is partially clogged and not allowing enough fuel under load. Reduce the throttle slightly and see if it smooths out or not. The other thing that comes to mind is the governor is being too sensitive and can't stabilize. Can be either caused by too sensitive of springs , or static adjustment not done properly or even a faulty governor gear.

navydad2022

Threads
I would suspect that either the main jet is partially clogged and not allowing enough fuel under load. Reduce the throttle slightly and see if it smooths out or not. The other thing that comes to mind is the governor is being too sensitive and can't stabilize. Can be either caused by too sensitive of springs , or static adjustment not done properly or even a faulty governor gear.
Thanks,will try to adjust the governor and how would l adjust springs if possible.l noticed that the carburetor adjustment screw does little to adjust fuel.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not much you can do with the spring. And the adjustment screw would be for idle jet only. the high speed jet would be non adjustable and can cause issues. I haven't come across a similar issue on that size of engine, but have several times on the smaller horizontal intek engines with carb problems causing surging at full throttle.

navydad2022

Threads
Not much you can do with the spring. And the adjustment screw would be for idle jet only. the high speed jet would be non adjustable and can cause issues. I haven't come across a similar issue on that size of engine, but have several times on the smaller horizontal intek engines with carb problems causing surging at full throttle.
Would a bad gasket between carb and engine cause bad suction to starve fuel

navydad2022

Threads
Would a bad gasket between carb and engine cause bad suction to starve fuel
It's got me puzzled because l take carb out inspect and retighen everything back and it works for awhile

navydad2022

Threads
yes it could. could also have picked up trash in high speed jet
Is it necessary to put a fuel filter,l have fuel shut off.l put one just for heck of it.l heard that sometimes you get an air lock and is this true

MowerNick

Threads
Id drain some fuel into a glass jar and let it sit sealed for about 45 mins to see if any water settles.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Some mowers have a filter in the tank and by adding a second filter depending on filtration can cause a fuel restriction.