Shredding belts after replacing spindles

catfish51

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well he posted some pretty good clear photos So it really didn't matter if it was a toro or a Skag or a John Deere you could see what was possibly going on

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
DI’d you know that some decks have pulleys which are not all on the same plane? Guessing what someone is working on is not something a good tech likes to do. This will be my last post responding to you, because you are like my wife, she’s always right and I’m always wrong. So I say YES DEAR and walk away.

kjonxx

Threads
I recently changed my spindles and thought it didn't look right but ran it anyway. Now, sure enough, I am shredding my belt. My middle spindle pulley looks to be sitting too high...I thought I had put everything back just like it was. Is that my problem...how can I fix this?

View attachment 64747View attachment 64747View attachment 64748View attachment 64748View attachment 64749View attachment 64749
Idler bracket looks bent up causeing belt to ride on the edge. is it loose?

AChrome

Threads
Yes I did, because honestly is always the best way to get their attention. If you think that was cruel, you should see what I’m thinking about you and your post. If you would be a regular member of this forum, you would see how many times people post inquiries about how to fix something, but give us no clue of what they have in front of them. People forget most of us are techs located hundreds if not thousands of miles away, not psychic’s, who are not standing next to them while they tell us about the problem.
I don't really care what you think about me. Those that come here to try and figure out their problem can be so frustrated that they don't think about that at first. A simple polite note asking would be a lot nicer. And yes, I've seen it many times they don't post the ID numbers, but don't take your frustration out them. Poor wife and students.

catfish51

Forum Newbie
Threads
DI’d you know that some decks have pulleys which are not all on the same plane? Guessing what someone is working on is not something a good tech likes to do. This will be my last post responding to you, because you are like my wife, she’s always right and I’m always wrong. So I say YES DEAR and walk away.
Those that can do do those that can't teach Enough said

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
YES DEAR!! Which means your teachers didn’t help you understand how the real world works.

SlopeMan2

Threads
Yikes. I have been lucky about that. A lot of people do have trouble. We have 800 hours on our '05 54" Cub Cadet, which still has the original belt on it. I noticed today, that it has a lot of cracks in it. I have always marveled, when you change blade height, how they last as long a they do. Glad you found some help on the forum. Nice to hear from experts.

muddy51

Threads
Well he posted some pretty good clear photos So it really didn't matter if it was a toro or a Skag or a John Deere you could see what was possibly going on
I like to take a series of short video's before and as I disassemble. This shows me the way and I can leave short comments about what I am seeing. Helps greatly during reassembly.

catfish51

Forum Newbie
Threads
YES DEAR!! Which means your teachers didn’t help you understand how the real world works.
That's the problem only some of us had to work and function in the real world

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That's the problem only some of us had to work and function in the real world
Whoa...There is a real world out there? Then I must living in a nightmare one where Murphy just won't leave lately. At least I finally got running water again after six months; although, it is only 90% operational currently until I get back to plumbing store. Now it is my transmission that causing the most pain here. Getting to it this week before I order a master rebuild kit just make sure nothing else is major problem but even then Murphy might throw a wrench in the works.