Shop manual for Z254 ZTR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcarwell

Threads
Where can I find a shop manual for my Z 254 ?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Husqvarna does not offer a service manual for most of their products.

bcarwell

Threads
I know Husqvarna doesn't offer service manuals, but thought/hoped there would be an aftermarket for them. How else is a fellow DIYer supposed to maintain and fix his $3K out of warranty equipment ? I know why H is doing it obviously- to force you to have absolutely no choice but to go to one of their certified $ervice $hops and to avoid customer dissatisfaction at voiding their warranty. Does not make me happy though

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you know that no manual is available, why are you asking for one? If you bought the unit knowing that no manual was available, you can’t blame Husqvarna for that. Did you know that the majority of companies do not have service manuals for their equipment, while others will only provide them for a premium price? As a service technician, we also wish we had access to a manual, but that is the nature of the beast. I’ll bet what you were hoping for was that a service tech would break with his warranty agreement and provide you with a manual, most times it won’t happen. I suggest that the next time you purchase a piece of equipment you also purchase the service manuals. If they don’t have manuals available, don’t buy it and tell them why. Ranting here won’t help much.

bcarwell

Threads
I did NOT know at time of purchase they were unavailable. In my 73 years on this planet and as an engineer I have purchased many, many service manuals- appliances, my tractor, ...You are correct if I did know that I might very well not have purchased. And I resent your insulting my integrity with pure speculation that I was hoping a service tech would break his warranty agreement, so you would lose your bet. That was completely uncalled for and not true.. Don't bother replying if you want to continue your "rant" as i'm done with this thread.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You started your rant in post #3. You said you knew Husqvarna did not have any service manuals before you started the thread. After I told you there were no manuals available, at that point you went off on Husqvarna and others for not producing what YOU WANT. I don’t know what being an engineer has to do with your argument, but being an instructor in this field and just about the same age, plus working in this industry for 50+ years, I do know that what you want may not be available. I also taught my students that, “If you may get mad at the answer, don’t ask the question “. So I’ll repeat the answer I gave before you started your rant. THERE ARE NO MANUALS AVAILABLE.

bcarwell

Threads
You started your rant in post #3. You said you knew Husqvarna did not have any service manuals before you started the thread. After I told you there were no manuals available, at that point you went off on Husqvarna and others for not producing what YOU WANT. I don’t know what being an engineer has to do with your argument, but being an instructor in this field and just about the same age, plus working in this industry for 50+ years, I do know that what you want may not be available. I also taught my students that, “If you may get mad at the answer, don’t ask the question “. So I’ll repeat the answer I gave before you started your rant. THERE ARE NO MANUALS AVAILABLE.
If you re-read my post carefully, I said Husqvarna does not offer service manuals, This could be for any number of reasons- not enough demand, hassle in producing, forcing customers to their sanctioned repair shops, liability for incorrect information, whatever; their call. However, that does NOT mean there are no service manuals legally AVAILABLE just because Husqvarna chooses not to sell them now.

I NEVER said I knew this at the time of purchase, as I clearly did NOT. Nor does it mean it would be illegal to obtain one. In fact I did NOT buy my ZTR "... knowing no manual was available" as you so incorrectly and unfairly stated. (BTW my "rant" as you characterized it in your second post was in my post #2, not #3.)

My being an engineer and patent lawyer is relevant as being in a technical profession all my life I know the general availability (or not) of service manuals for a wide variety of items. It is by no means uncommon to obtain them.

And of course you completely ignored in your last post the main reason I was compelled to respond to your post, e.g. your libelous unfounded and highly insulting, unnecessary attack on my character in your stated belief that I was seeking to incite a service tech to "... break with his warranty agreement". How could I being doing so if I don't even know what the warranty agreement is... Sorry I ran into your last post in checking my others in the hopes of my real interest in solving the ZTR problem, not responding to you. I'm sure you are very helpful on this forum with your experience and perhaps your time would be better spent helping them.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I replied in post #2 there were no manuals available and you relied in post #3 where you started your rant and that is where you stated you know they aren’t available. (The post numbers are in the top right hand corner). I saI’d there are no manuals available, what part of that didn’t you understand? In my TECHNICAL PROFESSION I think I know what is or is not available. If they are not available, you can’t obtain them. As I told my students many times, “If you may not like the answer, don’t ask the question”. If you would have trusted my first reply, post #2, we wouldn’t be have this discussion.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Getting manual depends on too on what copy rights are involved. Even shop has the manuals many are not allowed to copy the materials for distribution. Some companies will even produce a digital copy which btw more convenient for many to techs to use, so they can control access to them. Honda is one of these companies that has only printed service manuals.

Even the workshop manual I have for ZTH series is virtually useless.

bcarwell

Threads
I replied in post #2 there were no manuals available and you relied in post #3 where you started your rant and that is where you stated you know they aren’t available. (The post numbers are in the top right hand corner). I saI’d there are no manuals available, what part of that didn’t you understand? In my TECHNICAL PROFESSION I think I know what is or is not available. If they are not available, you can’t obtain them. As I told my students many times, “If you may not like the answer, don’t ask the question”. If you would have trusted my first reply, post #2, we wouldn’t be have this discussion.
Whatever. As apparently one who must have the last word, you've got it. And I won't hold my breath for an apology impugning my character which again I noticed went unmentioned but has been reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.