shaft drivin race mower fx open outlaw modified

taylorteamracing

Forum Newbie
Threads
I apologize up front my punctuation it is terrible.,.,.,lol k

I am building a open fx race mower, so far I have the front axle done, it is 43 inches wide with all adjustable caster, camber, and toe, on hiem joints.
the frame is made from 1 x 2 steel tubing and the wheel base is 48", and its 4 inches off of the ground. the motor is a onan 22.5 performer, it is set up with a torque a verter chain driving a 3/4 shaft back to a peerless that's turned up with two u joints to connect to the drive shaft, I have a sprocket on the brake hub of the peerless, that drives the axle sprocket, I am using 13x6.50x8 all the way around ,currently I am working on the open dual exhaust, I am really interested in how it will run I would like to find a 700 trans there a bit stronger I would also like to find some performance parts for the motor but im not having any luck, if you have any tips or question shoot

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you joined any mower racing groups on Facebook?
Lots of good info

taylorteamracing

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you joined any mower racing groups on Facebook?
Lots of good info

I did on heymow but they beat me up bad for punctuation and I lost it on them then they banned me

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I did on heymow but they beat me up bad for punctuation and I lost it on them then they banned me

Man there is nothing that pisses me off more then a grammar nazi.

I don't use punctuation well.

If it was not for spell check no one would have a clue what I was saying.

taylorteamracing

Forum Newbie
Threads
Man there is nothing that pisses me off more then a grammar nazi.

I don't use punctuation well.

If it was not for spell check no one would have a clue what I was saying.

ya I kinda got the message real quick that they thought they were better than me or anyone else

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The big thing around my neighborhood is the tractor pulls. I see they use the one cylinder K model Kohler engines. They tell me that they can get up to a 100HP out of one of them engines. Now they are looking for pulling power and I am a thinkin you want high RPMS? for racing. Pulling power long stroke, high RPM's short stroke.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

I am afraid I would be the same way. It happens to me some times even on this forum but they blank out my foulness. Good for you. Just seen a new ad. it says ( GO FUN YOUSELF) it give mea good chuckle.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
On Facebook search
Southern off road mowers.

We just talk mowers that's it.

taylorteamracing

Forum Newbie
Threads
The big thing around my neighborhood is the tractor pulls. I see they use the one cylinder K model Kohler engines. They tell me that they can get up to a 100HP out of one of them engines. Now they are looking for pulling power and I am a thinkin you want high RPMS? for racing. Pulling power long stroke, high RPM's short stroke.

actually hp and rpm I used to get 35hp out of my briggs 5hp but now I am into a whole different world on the v twins I can mille the heads use bigger valve spring change the engine timing and remove the governor that may get me about 8 or 10 extra hp when its wound up I used to take out the briggs 3.75 rod and use a 4.475 at 7200 rpm but them thare little engine don't last long doing that

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
7200 rpm but them thare little engine don't last long doing that

You are in the wrong sport if that brothers you. We pull with the full size tractors and have custom rods and pistons made. Now you want a engine to hold up for more then one race and have a longer running time then we do. I don't know how long a race will last? When we do a pull the engine only has to run for a few minuets under full power and we will only do two or three pulls a night. When something go's wrong and a engine blows we can have a pile of junk parts and it happens. We just start over again with newer ideas.