Seat for my son on my Hustler

Threads
That's wood not steel BTW.

Hello Darryl G if you will reread my comment you will see that I wasn't referencing the chair being made from Steel. I was referencing what the chair is attached to and what the chair/child is protected by "A steel mesh platform of which the rider rest his feet on". Thanks to all for this refreshing conversation. Mitch

Threads
I think .. ALL of you guy's should shake hands, then get totally naked, and laugh at each other, .... THEN go on a Panty-Raid, at the nearest College, kinda risky, but probably a lot of fun !! .. :thumbsup: ..:laughing:

Sounds like a way of making friends to me with exception of getting totally naked. LOL I don't look to good these days with clothes on I certainly dont look to good getting into the shower. LOL And cpurvis just so you can rest easy tonight I promise to hold onto the hand rail when I enter and exit the shower. Mitch

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello Darryl G if you will reread my comment you will see that I wasn't referencing the chair being made from Steel. I was referencing what the chair is attached to and what the chair/child is protected by "A steel mesh platform of which the rider rest his feet on". Thanks to all for this refreshing conversation. Mitch

I see...sorry my bad.

What happens if the kid drops his baseball, it gets run over and shot out the discharge (note the chute is strapped up) and it bounces off a tree and hits him in the head?

There was a local tree guy a few years back who apparently thought it was a good idea to bring his 3 kids to a job site to help...until his 6 year old son ended up as mulch in the bed of his chipper truck!

Threads
I see...sorry my bad.

What happens if the kid drops his baseball, it gets run over and shot out the discharge (note the chute is strapped up) and it bounces off a tree and hits him in the head?

There was a local tree guy a few years back who apparently thought it was a good idea to bring his 3 kids to a job site to help...until his 6 year old son ended up as mulch in the bed of his chipper truck!

Come on Darryl G I already addressed this if the kid drops his baseball and it gets shot out the raised chute it will still travel directly outward and not upward. The chute is only intended to keep things from coming out above ground level as it travels across the yard. Again it would have go against murphys law to come out of the chute traveling at a high rate of speed would somehow have to make a greater than 90 degree turn upwards to hit the child sitting atop the mower center. Seriously think about what some of you guys are proposing as a danger.

Next please use a comparable circumstance as a reference. A local tree trimmer working a job as an assumed profession and leaving his son on the ground to put branches into the mulcher or to climb unattended on the mulcher has absolutely no reference to this father riding his son on a Lawn mower safely strapped in a secure and safe location between his legs. Now if you or yall are just wanting to argue I will quietly leave the conversation. Mitch

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry but there no "safe place" for a toddler on a zero turn mower!

Threads
Sorry but there no "safe place" for a toddler on a zero turn mower!

Yep better not put them in a car and drive to McDonalds because something could happen. Never allow them to ride a tri cycle or bicycle. Never allow them to play sports event so called child safe sports. Never allow them to experience a roller coaster or any number of life's finer experiences. How am I still alive it must be a miracle and yes I believe in God and Jesus Christ is my savior before you go down that road and everyday is a miracle and it is just that miracle and trust in God that we live and he allows us to live.

I will say one more thing, if nothing else you guys provide lots of entertainment. Mitch

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know, maybe it takes the 17 years of operating a lawn care and landscaping business, the 100+ hours of health and safety training and the experience of being the site safety officer on hundreds of hazardpus waste sites that I have in order to recognize a stupid idea that borders on child endangerment...but I believe it's a stupid idea. If that kid were to get hurt there's a good chance that felony child endangerment charges would be brought against the parent.

By the way, I have 2 dead friends and a quadrapalegic cousin who don't think slip/fall accidents are a joking matter either. So yes, you should use the hand rail :)

John Fitzgerald

Threads
My son started mowing at age five or six. Had go carts at seven. Dirt bike at nine. Driving a stick shift pickup on dirt roads (with me) at 12. Worked on all manner of mechanical projects with me since he was big enough to learn. Now that he's an adult, his skills with motorized vehicles are such that he can drive, ride, and yes, even even fly anything he gets into. Everytime we visit (rarely now, due to distance), he tells me how fortunate he feels to get those mechanical skills at an early age.

Threads
I don't know, maybe it takes the 17 years of operating a lawn care and landscaping business, the 100+ hours of health and safety training and the experience of being the site safety officer on hundreds of hazardpus waste sites that I have in order to recognize a stupid idea that borders on child endangerment...but I believe it's a stupid idea. If that kid were to get hurt there's a good chance that felony child endangerment charges would be brought against the parent.

By the way, I have 2 dead friends and a quadrapalegic cousin who don't think slip/fall accidents are a joking matter either. So yes, you should use the hand rail :)

Yep my Dad died from massive head injuries caused by falling from the back of a golf cart. However I still ride drive golf carts in the same carefree manner as I always have and I am willing to take minor risk and risk that would be considered very unlikely such as the kid getting a scratch let alone anything serious from riding on a mower.

Threads
My son started mowing at age five or six. Had go carts at seven. Dirt bike at nine. Driving a stick shift pickup on dirt roads (with me) at 12. Worked on all manner of mechanical projects with me since he was big enough to learn. Now that he's an adult, his skills with motorized vehicles are such that he can drive, ride, and yes, even even fly anything he gets into. Everytime we visit (rarely now, due to distance), he tells me how fortunate he feels to get those mechanical skills at an early age.

Amen brother someone else on here that is willing to throw caution to the wind on occasion in order to experience life.