Scotts 2550 won't crank

dennis1 said:
Yes! But I can't locate a clutch for this particular model/serial number combination.:mad:

Look at the clutch itself. Clean it off and inspect for numbers look closely. Chances are it's a John Deere part because Deere makes the scotts tractors.

Sent from Lawn Mower Forum for iPhone.
 
Only number on the clutch is on the triangular plate on the engine side. - 0676

Details
Scotts S2554
Kohler engine
Model: CV725S
Spec: 69539
SN: M02554S029831

If the SN was 30000 or greater John Deere has the clutch.

Thanks :thumbsup:
Dennis
 
Yeah, I saw that one but was afraid it was one of the weaker ones made for smaller decks. I saw some posts where people only got 50 hours on some clutches.

That is the part number listed for the other serial numbers. JD doesn't list a part number for my range.

See this link

John Deere - Parts Catalog

Duh! Maybe I'm reading the JD site wrong. Maybe it is saying to use this clutch but you need the additional parts listed...
 
Back
Top