Scag Turf Tiger Deck

falconerone

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a used SCAG TT back at the first of the year. Haven't been happy with the way it cuts. So I checked for level and it was out of level. Got it level and cut the grass, it cut better but still not what I wanted. Started taking the pulleys off the spindles to check for possible problems and notice that the spindle on the left hand side was not plum. The spindle angled back about 3/8" from being vertical. I took the spindle off and set it on a work bench and it sits vertically. Looking at the deck where it was mounted and the deck was bent. The area in front of the spindle was raised up and the area behind the spindle was bent down. Any suggestions on how to level the area back?

falconerone

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bought a used SCAG TT back at the first of the year. Haven't been happy with the way it cuts. So I checked for level and it was out of level. Got it level and cut the grass, it cut better but still not what I wanted. Started taking the pulleys off the spindles to check for possible problems and notice that the spindle on the left hand side was not plum. The spindle angled back about 3/8" from being vertical. I took the spindle off and set it on a work bench and it sits vertically. Looking at the deck where it was mounted and the deck was bent. The area in front of the spindle was raised up and the area behind the spindle was bent down. Any suggestions on how to level the area back?

falconerone

Anyway to try to fix by hand with some vise grips and channel locks. Be careful to much bending of metal will make it weak

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
With the spindle removed, you need to find and mark the area of the spindle circle hole that is not level with the top of the deck. You may be able to bend that portion back to level but bear in mind that there are three thicknesses of 10 gauge metal in the area of the spindles. I was able to do this by using a 15" American made adjustable wrench with a cheater pipe on the end of it and lifting up with the jaws of the wrench in the bent area. Depending on where the bent area is, you may need to remove the deck from the machine.
Have fun!!!!
Mad Mackie in CT