Wife shut it off yesterday. 27hp Kawasaki motor, wouldn't start. Turned the key on. Jumped the silinoid it runs, as soon as I release the parking brake, turn on the blades or pull levers to move it kills the engine. Fuses look great , any ideas ???? Thank you !!!!
Wife shut it off yesterday. 27hp Kawasaki motor, wouldn't start. Turned the key on. Jumped the silinoid it runs, as soon as I release the parking brake, turn on the blades or pull levers to move it kills the engine. Fuses look great , any ideas ???? Thank you !!!!
Sounds like a seat safety switch to me. We run three Tiger Cats and have had that problem and similar before that were that switch.
Machine will run with seat safety switch not made IF the parking brake is engaged. Moving the levers with the parking brake engaged will shut it down because of those switches.
I would bet $100 that it is seat switch.
:welcome:
First thought is
"I wonder which of the 73 different Scag mowers it is ?"
Second thought
" I wonder which model Kawakasi engine it is ? "
Third thought
"Why do people continually ask for help but provide alsmot no information about what we are actually trying to fix ? "
Unless it was a more difficult problem to find and needed refference to circuit diagrams.Actually that was pretty much all of the info that needed to be entered for that particular problem.
Inserting the words pulling levers said zero turn. Parking brake pto switch and parking break are the same on all Scags I think....... Not much else needed to deduct from.
Hopefully if people read
What is the model number enough times when they read posts it will sink in.
"my mower doesn't work any more, it is green, I think, can you help me?"!!! Turned out that it was an old Cub Cadet with a Kohler that someone had spot painted with some green paint and it didn't have a mower deck and the Kohler had been replaced! Oh well!!!!