Scag Cheetah - Hour Meter

Boudreaux

Threads
Proud homeowner of a '13 Scag Cheetah (about 25 hours on the clock).

I was reading a post about hour meters on another part of this forum, and noticed someone stating he didn't have a battery on his hour meter. They started me thinking, "What hour meter does the Cheetah have"...??? Battery or non-battery.....???

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your hourmeter is a sealed digital type with a non replaceable internal battery.
Scag P/N 484565

Last edited:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your hourmeter is a sealed digital type with a non replaceable internal battery.
Scag P/N 484565

Again I have my doubts of a non replaceable battery just cuz its sealed doesn't mean its not replaceable

Boudreaux

Threads
Scag P/N 484565

Thanks Mackie, I knew I could depend on info from you.

SO, for the person that has intentions on keeping such a unit for about twelve years or more, he will be faced with having to replace the hour meter at some point. That would cause the loss of original hours ..... right...???

Another thought.... since I only have twenty0two hours on the clock, perhaps I should think about a non-battery hour meter. That would mean less hour loss in the long run. Is there such a thing as an Hour meter with no battery that will not lose hours when disconnected ......

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Again I have my doubts of a non replaceable battery just cuz its sealed doesn't mean its not replaceable

I've had two that the display went to all 9s and I cut them open. I was more careful when opening the 2nd, but when you remove the battery you loose the memory, so there is no advantage to dissecting them with the idea of replacing the battery. Jumpers could be installed from another power source to keep the memory live, but removing the potting material is like doing dental work on a dead mouse!!! Scag changed vendors on these hourmeters very soon after discovering the problem. My Ingersoll GT has a round analog hourmeter, but this machine is a 1989 and on it's 3rd meter as they have moisture problems which causes them to fail eventually. I replaced the hourmeter when I repowered the tractor.