Ryobi RY80940 3100 Pressure Cleaner Pump Question

shurguywutt

Threads
Bought one of these the other day.
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/fa/fa35541d-2b4c-43cf-8517-cb9c978f23dd.pdf

Was wondering about pumps... I know Ryobi uses the Homelite/Ryobi 308494058 pump on these pressure washers.
308653064 Ryobi RY80940B Pressure Washer Pump w/ Thermal Release Valve at homegardenpro.com

I know the Honda GCV190 on this unit is extremely reliable... It is the pump that I am worried about. The manual provides minimal detail about the pump and maintenance to the pump giving a generic statement:

The pump on this product was lubricated with a sufficient amount of high grade lubricant for the life of the unit under normal operating conditions. Therefore, no further lubrication is required.

Will I be able to ever replace this pump with another similar type pump? If so what can I use and how much can I be expected to spend? Any recommendations on maintenance for this unit?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rugger227

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought one of these last year and haven't had a problem. The guy at Home Depot said you shouldn't have a problem for regular home use. I just winterized and it and but it in the basement. If you are in a cold winter environment do not leave it in the garage. It could freeze the pump. Pulled it out and didn't have a problem starting it up.

shurguywutt

Threads
I bought one of these last year and haven't had a problem. The guy at Home Depot said you shouldn't have a problem for regular home use. I just winterized and it and but it in the basement. If you are in a cold winter environment do not leave it in the garage. It could freeze the pump. Pulled it out and didn't have a problem starting it up.

Nope, no cold weather here in Miami so I don't have to worry about that. I have been pressure cleaning all over my house and probably put about 15 hours on it since I bought it and it is running very strong. The guy at Home Depot recommended "Pump Saver" lubricant when the pressure washer wasn't going to be be used for a while so I bought some.