RhettWS
Well-Known Member
Good afternoon,
I just purchased and used a new laser tachometer to check my engine rpms. I have a Raptor SD, 54" deck, with a Kaw FR691V. The specks indicate the high idle speed should be 3600 +/- 50 rpms.
With no blades engaged I got values right at 3600. With the blades engaged it dropped down to 3462 rpm.
Does it need tweaking or not? I assume high idle does not mean with the blades engaged.
Thanks .......... Rhett
I just purchased and used a new laser tachometer to check my engine rpms. I have a Raptor SD, 54" deck, with a Kaw FR691V. The specks indicate the high idle speed should be 3600 +/- 50 rpms.
With no blades engaged I got values right at 3600. With the blades engaged it dropped down to 3462 rpm.
Does it need tweaking or not? I assume high idle does not mean with the blades engaged.
Thanks .......... Rhett