Rotary washing lines

MikeF445

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anybody got any good ideas about how to stop
a rotary airer (washing line) from leaning over?
I've heard a concrete base is the best idea, but quite permanent though?

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ha ha... I'm not sure how the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum will help you more on keeping your laundry line from leaning... but hey Briana, you may have something in mind I'm not aware of....
Hope you know I'm kidding--- you are doing a GREAT job, pleasantly moving things where they should be, for our wonderful new members that have not noticed the layout :thumbsup:...

But to your question MikeF, either a heavy concrete base or a long & heavy wall pipe driven deep into the earth to support it... even at that wet cloths are heavy and unless you balance the load ... it will tend to lean... Good luck, and if you can ... Post a picture so those that have never seen one will know what we are talking about...
I still have straight lines between T posts... rarely use them anymore, probably should but an electric drier is so much handier... :smile:KennyV
BTW... WELCOME to LMF:wink:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't use the rotary type, I use the linear type with 2 posts. I've got lots of room however.
I can suggest a couple of untested theories that may be of some use.

1. Guy wires
    2. Embed a slightly larger diameter pipe in a concrete slab slightly below grade. This will allow you to remove the clothes line if necessary.
    3. Use a linear clothesline
    4. Stanchions or gussets at the bottom

mullins87

Threads
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :laughing: I had NO IDEA what a rotary airer (washing line) was!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Something like this.... :smile:KennyV

Attachments

• LaundryDryer.jpg
    LaundryDryer.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 2

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is that Briggs or Tecumseh powered?:laughing:

:laughing::laughing:I thought it was some kinda hose spinning around in a washing machine:laughing::laughing: