Rider quits. No electrical power . . . at all.

Threads
Hi
Sounds to me like op-present switch has gone bad or wires going to it have been cut somewhere. Because you cannot release brake or turn on pto unless you are on seat. Look at terminals on your seat switch to see if it has NC stamped on it. (which means normally closed) if it has no markings then it is normally open which means you close circuit when depressed or you can by pass by connecting the two wires together, NC means the opposite and you have to separate wires. This is a way of testing without a meter.

ecknerwal

Threads
Well, well, well. Whaddya know. The Damn (another name for Craftsman) thing works! Engine now runs at the same time as the PTO. Took only 5 minutes to fix. I suppose some of you who have been helping me would like to know what I did, right? It all began when the Engine to Transmission pulley ate the PTO wires. I hooked them back up but when I turned on the PTO, it shut the engine off. I noted today that the plugs for the PTO wires were arranged so they could only be plugged in one way. Did I switch the wires around when I hooked them up? So I hooked them up the opposite way and guess what, Yeah, it works properly now. Thanks to all of you who stretched their minds to try and help. It is appreciated very much. Special thanks to fifthstring27030 for teaching me about "NC-normally closed", I learned something new. Thanks to KennyV for encouraging advice on the Multimeter. I'll take it to heart. Reddragon kept up a flow of valuable info of where and what to check when I was clueless. Thanks!!