Residential drivway?

CZLawnCare

Threads
Never, theres no such thing as pay by the plow snow removal down here, all of us work th same way and the clients understand that we cant afford to have 100,000$ snow removal tractors without seasonal contracts

BHLC

Threads
I have contracts and per push accounts. 3" is my trigger, some accounts are $25 a visit and some are $250 a visit. All depends on the drive

jay stortini

Threads
Your not charging $250 to do a residential once! 3' meaning you don't go out till snow is 4' deep?

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

jay stortini

Threads
I mean 3' deep

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
He said 3 inches not feet

jay stortini

Threads
Well I don't go out unless its 3 feet lol!!:)

BHLC

Threads
Your not charging $250 to do a residential once! 3' meaning you don't go out till snow is 4' deep?

3' would be $1200! Haha! You're right, the $250 is a commercial condo parking lot, the most I charge for one of my residentials is $85 per push.

jay stortini

Threads
Lmao!! Ya that makes sense. Do you mind if I ask how you determine your rates for residential? I have a 24" snow blower and good shovels and I have customers that want me to take care of there drives and walks, so I am gonna offer it to other potential clients since I will be doing it any way. So I am trying to figure out in what way I should approach it :/ I am wanting to set up contracts for whole winter with one up front payment.
What do ya think.
Thanks
Jay

BHLC

Threads
Lmao!! Ya that makes sense. Do you mind if I ask how you determine your rates for residential? I have a 24" snow blower and good shovels and I have customers that want me to take care of there drives and walks, so I am gonna offer it to other potential clients since I will be doing it any way. So I am trying to figure out in what way I should approach it :/ I am wanting to set up contracts for whole winter with one up front payment.
What do ya think.
Thanks
Jay

I have two trucks, so pricing using a blower is tough for me. I have a couple condos that we need to clear walks at, I get $35 an hour for a man. Sometimes we use backpack blowers on light snow and a toro snow blower on heavier stuff. Salt is extra, we buy a ton for $99 and use it as needed, on a half acre lot it is about 400-500 lbs, my salt is marked up and spread at a different rate. I know this doesnt answer your question, sorry. If I were to plow a residential drive, 75'long, and two cars wide I would get $30 per push, salt would be $20 per application. Does that help?