Residential drivway?

jay stortini

Threads
What is the general consensus on what is a good amount to charge a weekly lawn cutting client to clear there driveway of snow in the winter? I have a fair number of them wanting me to do there driveway in the winter, double and single car driveways mostly.
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is the general consensus on what is a good amount to charge a weekly lawn cutting client to clear there driveway of snow in the winter? I have a fair number of them wanting me to do there driveway in the winter, double and single car driveways mostly.
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

I have worked tirelessly on this because I am going to offer snow shoveling this year. Problem is you can't charge to much as it might snow 2 or 3 times a week and people don't want to pay 75+ dollars a week.

I decided I would charge 15dollars for first half hour and 30 dollars an hour prorated after that (50cents a minute) + cost of de-icer at 10percent increase.

Basically unless we get a ton of snow it should take less than half an hour to shovel and lay de icer.

I get to a property it takes me 20 minutes to shovel and 5 minutes to lay de icer (assume de icer costs 30 dollars for 50 pounds) and I only lay 5 pounds 5x1.60=8x0.10=0.80 so 8+.80= 8.80 dollars + 15 minute minumum is 23.8 dollar charge per time

Now if they don't want de icer it would only be 15 dollars flat.

If we get 6 inches of snow and it takes me an hour to clear the drive way and lay deicer that would be 38.8dollars with deicer or 30 without. This way of pricing give my customers the ability to have me return more than once a week and not empty their bank account and it also protects me if we get a huge storm I don't get under payed. Problem with this is if there is a lot of travel time you could easily lose money. So I have to be careful.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
You could charge about 20$ including shoveling the walkway for the front door. It seems like the price around here or charge 400$ for one winter. People like a contract price around here. It is pretty much the same price for a lawn cut. It is usually 25$ (usually a cut takes me 20-30 minutes unless it is very long for some odd reason) a cut and 400$ from May to October.

Threads
You could charge about 20$ including shoveling the walkway for the front door. It seems like the price around here or charge 400$ for one winter. People like a contract price around here. It is pretty much the same price for a lawn cut. It is usually 25$ (usually a cut takes me 20-30 minutes unless it is very long for some odd reason) a cut and 400$ from May to October.

$20 is what I charge around here unless the snow is very deep.

snowblower.png

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

This is something I had not considered. Our snowy season is about 4 and a half months so I could give one sum price of about 450 dollars but what if it doesn't snow at all? Making them pay for nothing does not lead to happy customers

Threads
This is something I had not considered. Our snowy season is about 4 and a half months so I could give one sum price of about 450 dollars but what if it doesn't snow at all? Making them pay for nothing does not lead to happy customers

See that's the thing: you can either get ripped off or make out good....but if you make out TOO good they might not be happy.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
See that's the thing: you can either get ripped off or make out good....but if you make out TOO good they might not be happy.

That's kind of why I like my system I works for everyone. No I am not going to make a killing but I have enough in savings to make it through my first winter. I am hoping with snow removal I won't completely drain my savings.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads

Well, I don't live in the U.S.A. so people have a different mentality here I guess. I charge for one contract and if it doesn't snow well I make money. It is the same with lawns. Last year it was a huge drought and I made money off of that and clients were fine with that. But, you could charge per job if you want.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, I don't live in the U.S.A. so people have a different mentality here I guess. I charge for one contract and if it doesn't snow well I make money. It is the same with lawns. Last year it was a huge drought and I made money off of that and clients were fine with that. But, you could charge per job if you want.

That would be good for me but I just don't think it would. Make people happy to pay for nothing lol

Threads
That's kind of why I like my system I works for everyone. No I am not going to make a killing but I have enough in savings to make it through my first winter. I am hoping with snow removal I won't completely drain my savings.

I keep it simple. I do driveways, walkways, brush off cars, etc. I don't spread salt.