Replaced air vane spring. Now what

jborcheck

Threads
Ok my lawnboy was stalling after about 20 mins of cutting. But if I messed with the throttle it would stay alive. Did some pokin around and found the air vane spring was completely damaged. I just now replaced it and now it won't even start. What could be goin on

impalass

Threads
Ok my lawnboy was stalling after about 20 mins of cutting. But if I messed with the throttle it would stay alive. Did some pokin around and found the air vane spring was completely damaged. I just now replaced it and now it won't even start. What could be goin on

Did you put enough tension on the spring? Do you have the hex or round collar?

jborcheck

Threads
Yes I righted it. Tension is good. But I think I know my (new) problem now. I noticed a gas leak so I am assuming its not getting gas or flooding. It's flooding through the air filter. Well I found the float bowl needle on my garage floor. Now I have to figure out where it goes. Oh. It's hex

robinb66

Threads
Yes I righted it. Tension is good. But I think I know my (new) problem now. I noticed a gas leak so I am assuming its not getting gas or flooding. It's flooding through the air filter. Well I found the float bowl needle on my garage floor. Now I have to figure out where it goes. Oh. It's hex

Ok i'm cornfused, if you were replacing the governer spring how'd you come about opening the bowl to allow the needle to fall out in the first place???:confused2:

impalass

Threads
Take off the bowl and put back the needle. With the hex collar when you reinstall the spring you have to rotate the collar half a turn counter clockwise. you have to lift the collar to be able to rotate it.

jborcheck

Threads
Ok i'm cornfused, if you were replacing the governer spring how'd you come about opening the bowl to allow the needle to fall out in the first place???:confused2:

Well I originally took apart everything to clean out of gunk. Then I noticed the spring

jborcheck

Threads
Take off the bowl and put back the needle. With the hex collar when you reinstall the spring you have to rotate the collar half a turn counter clockwise. you have to lift the collar to be able to rotate it.

I already have tightend the spring and the vane moves back and forth like it should. Is it possible this float bowl missing needle could be the reason behind the mower not starting? Is it getting flooded. Or is the gas not making the cycle that it should be?

lewb

Threads
I already have tightend the spring and the vane moves back and forth like it should. Is it possible this float bowl missing needle could be the reason behind the mower not starting? Is it getting flooded. Or is the gas not making the cycle that it should be?

I would replace float, needle and valve for about 12.00. Yes if its the needle is not seating and letting gas through and in your case is not installed it will flood motor even while running. Also the idle jet on the side of carb could be plugged or out of adjusment.

jborcheck

Threads
Alright well I will put the needle back in. Now that i know where its placed The float looks to be in pretty good shape. So hopefully this will solve my problem