Refurbished Trimmer

monica123

Threads
Has anyone had luck with refurbished trimmers? I can get one for $40 but I don't know if it is a good deal or not. Thanks in Advance.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Has anyone had luck with refurbished trimmers? I can get one for $40 but I don't know if it is a good deal or not. Thanks in Advance.

Gas or electric? Most refurbished equipment comes with a warranty that is shorter than the "New" warranty supplied with OEM units. What is the price difference between the item new versus the $40 price of the refurbished unit I personally have never purchased refurbished, floor samples yes, damaged, yes, but in each case the item was still backed with full warranty on the undamaged components. Example...I purchased a Craftsman chipper/shredder at a tent sale, the intake chute was bent in, the warranty on the rest of the machine was full factory warranty. I straightened the chute and the machine still works fine. To me, if you can get a refurb item for 60% or less of the cost new, with half the warranty the new one has, go fer it...just my nickles worth.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have had as good luck with refurbs as with new products.......trimmers as well as anything else. :smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Depending on Who did the refurbing ... It could well be better than new... If it was a return for some minor problem, it then got a little better chance of being looked at by inspector #7m before making another trip out to retail land...
If it was just repackaged by a liquidator, you may have to fix the minor problem yourself... But like JD said, you should see a decent percentage reduction from original offering price... As to warranties if it seems to be serviceable, your first several uses... you should get a feel as to just how durable almost any product is... :smile:
There are some things that are 'broken' from the day they are manufactured... no amount of refurb will help them... so if it's a quality line to begin with ... I would have no problem with it...:smile:KennyV