Raven 46-in Hybrid Riding Lawn Mower

thank you, T.
can transmission arm be switched while deck still on to not bother with taking it on and off?
is there some sort of safety switches, which can be bypassed, or is it hardwired?
------
btw. on raven.mpv. channel, gears. seems no switches... Changing Gears on the RAVEN MPV - YouTube
View attachment 13319

You can leave the deck on to access the transmission arm, but it's just easier with the deck off. Also, you can leave the trans arm in the mowing position (closest to you), but you won't be able to gain higher speeds. The arm position (away from you) will let you get up to the 17 mph. I'm unaware of any bypass or safety switch, I believe it's internal to the transmission.
 
it would seem - just unplugging deck cables and switching gear should be enough
is ravens tranny - real two-speed transmission, or just mechanical mode switch?
 
I had never seen one before until now but I remember the older dual fuel John Deere mowers that where gas, and or propane powered.
 
I guy I know has a farm services business and does all the mower repair for the local Lowes. He hasn't seen a Raven yet, but thinks it is a good idea to wait a year before buying one. I like the long warranty and extended service plan option. I haven't gotten one yet. I also like the 5 inch clearance since I have a rocky, hilly yard. I also like the ability to easily move a generator around my property! If it put out enough power to also be an adequate emergency gen for my house, it would be perfect, but I need more power than it puts out. Still thinking about it. Intriguing idea.
 
:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:Don't waste your money on this crap. I have seen enough commercial mowers with problems. Do you want a mower or a atv?????????????. If you treat a commercial mower like a atv you will have problems :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2: If you purchase one you will have a hybrid of trouble :laughing::laughing:
 
:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:Don't waste your money on this crap. I have seen enough commercial mowers with problems. Do you want a mower or a atv?????????????. If you treat a commercial mower like a atv you will have problems :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2: If you purchase one you will have a hybrid of trouble :laughing::laughing:

jeffery9076,
I may be considered "old fashioned", but I tend to agree with your philosophy. In today's society, everybody wants a product that "does it all". When I went to get a new cell phone, I told them "no camera please"......if I want to use the phone I need a phone, if I want to take a picture I'll buy a camera. They had no "option" for just a phone:0(
If I want a lawn mower, I'll buy a lawn mower...if I want an ATV, I'll buy an ATV...if I want a generator, I'll buy a generator!!!!
 
I slightly disagree with some of the comments. (No disrespect bros.) I VERY much want this to be viewed as a new market segment for Polaris, Honda and the rest of the ATV makers. I very much DO want a kick-***** 4x4, ATV lawn mower (no generator, put a rear hitch PTO in lace instead.) Think of it. 10K for a rig that will do fields (if there was a PTO,) get you around like an ATV and do some finish cutting as well. In my case, I can do the lawns (finish cut) but for a run around I'd need an ATV (10K) and then a 45K Kabota to work the fields. Lets have the manufacturers stretch a bit and bring a new, quality product to us. Can't hurt. Right?
 
NO DISRESPECT HERE BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN A VIDEO YET THAT SHOWS A LAWN BEING CUT JUST A FEW PASSES SO DO NOT THINK IT IS A FINISH CUT MOWER. I HAVE BEEN RIDING ATVS AND MOTORCYCLES FOR AWHILE AND THAT THING LOOKS LIKE A CHINESE JUNKER. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

DO YOU GET WHAT I AM SAYING.

JUST MY 2CENTS
 
If the last was providing opinion to me then reread my posting. I agree, I don't trust the Raven, it's the concept I like and as a concept some manufacturers may actually get it right. ...or at least that's what I hoping for. There's nothing out there that can perform large cutting duties (10-15 acres or less,) unless you go to a full blown tractor. The BX25 (I think) Kubota would be the next step up from a garden tractor. The BX25 is about 20-25k. If I had a boat load of money then I'd go for a L5240 series but then I'd be tossing 40k. True it would be nice to have but... There should be something in between that meets our cutting needs. This is what I hope for. A rugged, versatile piece of equipment that can tame lawns and pasture for 10 - 15k. If there is a need then there should be a product that meets that need.
 
Back
Top