Raise mower deck

Ray N

Forum Newbie
My Craftsman GT5000 deck is at maximum cutting height and my Truegreen rep said to cut grass at higher level. Several people have checked the tractor/mower and said there is no more adjustments to make. Has anyone solved this problem?:confused:
 
My Craftsman GT5000 deck is at maximum cutting height and my Truegreen rep said to cut grass at higher level. Several people have checked the tractor/mower and said there is no more adjustments to make. Has anyone solved this problem?:confused:

Easy way. Just add 5psi to each tire. Will give you about half inch
 
I have tried it on many lawn tractors.

Are you trying to say I am wrong ?
OH NO , I never say anyone is wrong. They are just required to prove to me they are right. :laughing: So go ahead and give me the circumference numbers from the 5 lb. increase and I'll calculate the diameter difference .
 
OH NO , I never say anyone is wrong. They are just required to prove to me they are right. :laughing: So go ahead and give me the circumference numbers from the 5 lb. increase and I'll calculate the diameter difference .

So I see you have no idea the first step in leveling a deck.

I like how you guys show up here and try to prove everyone wrong.

I am going to try and say this so you can understand how it works.

A tire has 10psi you add 5psi it makes the center of the tire bulge out making the tire bigger.

I have found that by adding the 5psi that the mower will be about half a inch higher.
If I had to guess how many mowers I have done this I would guess more then 50

This is not a space shuttle it is a mower and mowers are not as complicated as some make them out to be.

But if you would like some numbers I will give then to you.
As luck would have it I have a tire stagger gauge.

Believe it or not just 1psi can change a tire.
 
I have a JD front tire that requires air about once / month so I'll do my own test as soon as the over night temperature falls below 80°F.
 
Just by adding a couple pounds in my tractor tires, I see them expand like no tomorrow.
 
First step to level a deck is make sure all the tires have the psi they should.
I guess we can skip this step from now on.
Now that we have been told that the psi in a tire does not affect the ride height.
 
First step to level a deck is make sure all the tires have the psi they should.
I guess we can skip this step from now on.
Now that we have been told that the psi in a tire does not affect the ride height.

I lowered from 13 PSI to 8 PSI and dropped 1/4" blade height with just changing back tire pressure.
 

Attachments

  • 2014-08-20 14.27.30.jpg
    2014-08-20 14.27.30.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2014-08-20 14.29.49.jpg
    2014-08-20 14.29.49.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 2014-08-20 14.29.58.jpg
    2014-08-20 14.29.58.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top