Question re: Honda HRR216

theshack1990

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

A month ago i bought a Honda Harmony ii. from someone on craigslist. she runs great. Through extensive research, I've determined the model to be HRR216SDA. It did not come with a bag, which is great because i want it to self mulch.

I had been away for 2 weeks and yesterday was cutting the lawn, pretty thick high lawn, and it stalled halfway through. Because there's no bag, i opened the Rear Discharge Guard and noticed massive amounts of cut grass. So much had built up, it shut it off. After a few mins i restarted it and chewed off smaller sections at a time.

My question is, is this mower supposed to be only run with a bag? if no, how can it self mulch with the Discharge guard closed always? Seems like there''s quite a significant amount of grass that gets build up in there. Some of the excess runs down the back of the guard, but when i opened the lid, there were handfuls. Made because the grass was 4 inches high but i'm just wondering since i just got it

Thanks!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

If you are cutting very Long grass... it will be less effective, you should only cut 1/3 the length on any one cut... :smile:KennyV

Mini Motors

Threads
I'm not sure of that exact model, but most baggers that also mulch have a plug that fits in the chute when mulching, so excess grass won't bunch up in there. My HRT216 has one, and a Snapper I had once had one.

theshack1990

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the tips!!

Mini- this is the first i'm hearing of this plug/chute thing and sounds like what i can use. Do you have any more info or a link where i can buy one?

Again, thanks for the replies

Mini Motors

Threads
I searched online for "Honda Parts", and using one of the sites that popped up, searched your model. Keep in mind that the model number you gave is incomplete, and you didn't post the serial number. Having the complete model and serial number ensures correct parts. So, if all HRR216s use the same plug, the part number you need is 76266-VG4-020ZA. Your best bet is to get the complete model/serial numbers, and find your local Honda Power Equipment parts dealer. The plug should be less than $10.00

theshack1990

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thinks Mint. Not sure what the serial number is, i didn't get the paper work when i bought it. What i can tell you is in the front reads "Quadra Cut System Harmony II HRR 216" Figure it to be SDA since it's self propelled.

I researched a bit too and was wondering if you can tell me the difference in functionality between the part you found 76266-VG4-020ZA (mulch plug) and i found part 06814-vg4-010 (Rear Mount Side Discharge Chute). It's like $35 or so.

Thanks again....if you know where i can find the serial number on the machine, please let me know

Mini Motors

Threads
There should be a label on the rear of the deck.

Attachments

• model_id_current.jpg
    model_id_current.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 10