Repairs putting lights on x540

brady

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2010 x540 and want to put a rear light on it to use while loading camp wood and other misc chores at night. i was wondering where is the best place to get my hot from to go to dash mounted switch.

JimsRepair

Threads
Hook into the wire that supplies electricity to the electric PTO switch, on the hot side of the PTO switch , which will only be hot when you have your ignition switch turned on.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
i would put an eye connector on your starter solenoid post [ the one that goes to the battery...not the one to the starter]...depending on the power of the light...for example...use 12 gauge wire with a 15 amp inline fuse ....close to the solenoid post end of things....make a good ground!...i love double grounding everything:laughing:

brady

Forum Newbie
Threads
one more ques the switch i have is lit will i have power on it all the time and run battey down when out of town for a week. Also the x540 does not have pto drive

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
does it light up only when activated or is it on all the time?............if you could give us a picture of the switch and its terminals....or a drawing..i could help directly...right now i have to guess at what your set up is....no battery drain will happen if the circuit is open:smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
one more ques the switch i have is lit will i have power on it all the time and run battey down when out of town for a week. Also the x540 does not have pto drive

How many amps does the rear light you want to add draw? I added a rear light to my JD by simply splicing it into the tail light wiring. The light I added has a toggle switch so I can use it if the rear lights are already on, but not by itself. That way I will never leave it on by mistake.