Export thread

putting lights on x540

B

brady

I have a 2010 x540 and want to put a rear light on it to use while loading camp wood and other misc chores at night. i was wondering where is the best place to get my hot from to go to dash mounted switch.

J

JimsRepair

Hook into the wire that supplies electricity to the electric PTO switch, on the hot side of the PTO switch , which will only be hot when you have your ignition switch turned on.

reddragon

reddragon

i would put an eye connector on your starter solenoid post [ the one that goes to the battery...not the one to the starter]...depending on the power of the light...for example...use 12 gauge wire with a 15 amp inline fuse ....close to the solenoid post end of things....make a good ground!...i love double grounding everything:laughing:

B

brady

one more ques the switch i have is lit will i have power on it all the time and run battey down when out of town for a week. Also the x540 does not have pto drive

reddragon

reddragon

does it light up only when activated or is it on all the time?............if you could give us a picture of the switch and its terminals....or a drawing..i could help directly...right now i have to guess at what your set up is....no battery drain will happen if the circuit is open:smile:

JDgreen

JDgreen

one more ques the switch i have is lit will i have power on it all the time and run battey down when out of town for a week. Also the x540 does not have pto drive

How many amps does the rear light you want to add draw? I added a rear light to my JD by simply splicing it into the tail light wiring. The light I added has a toggle switch so I can use it if the rear lights are already on, but not by itself. That way I will never leave it on by mistake.