Push mowers are obsolete.

Bullseye

Threads
I know some of you will disagrea, but I think push mowers have been obsolete for years.
If my 32 inch walk behind is to big for a area to cut then i just use my trimmer. If I come across a new residential customer that wants it done by a push mower, I tell them to call someone else. I dont think its feesable or worth my time to PUSH a tiny mower back and forth ALL day long. I dont even own a push mower nor plan on ever buying one....obsolete I tell you. haha

Not for all yards. Our yard has many trees and gardens plus a pond that is ringed with a stone walkway and flowers. Our Honda push mower is perfect for the in and out and around trimming that is too inaccessible for our X300. A self propelled walk behind would just add weight and additional friction. Push mowers still have a place and in our case are the perfect machine.

X-man

Threads
I don't know if the push mower is obsolete or not :smile: or if it will ever be obsolete but it does have it's uses. You mow a trailer park, well if your parks our like some of ours here in Florida the lot sizes are about to small for even your Craftsman rider so a push mower is about the only way to go to make things look decent. Now they may be out dated for some of the commercial operators and crews because of the String Trimmers used today.

My trailer park has some nice size yards. About a quarter of them I use my tractor.