Push mower oil leak Briggs

Found the chart in the manual posted previously. Just over .047"!

Limits are .030" for iron bore, .035 for aluminum bore

(page 9-8)

Aaah! Found the manual you all had posted. BIG help. At this point, the bore is within specs. I plan to clean up the bore, and replace the piston and rings. Thank you guys!
 
How did you measure the bore? You need either a special gage or telescoping gages and a mic or calipers. Then to do so properly you do six different measurements. First, is 1/2” down in the same direction as the wristpin. Second, is in the center of piston travel and the third is 1/2” from the bottom of the cylinder. Then you take the same three more measurements 90 degrees from the first three. With these six measurements you can accurately tell if the cylinder is in specs and not out of round.
 
I use Lucas oil treatment, I use it cause I have it already.... I wouldn't go out and buy it because I have 30 and 40 WT oil all over the place....

I use straight 40 in my jeep. I always have oil on hand.. Jeep doesn't use oil but I got it in case....

Use 30 WT for oil to be used in the engine....
 
Back
Top