Propane

briggs

Threads
i got into this BS with him already u guys wont win he will post more crap why its better ,who uses it for what and so on ....I told him here in Canada it was used in the 80s and 90s on cop cars/cabs/sears Canada had over 2000 vans that ran it plus we had trucks that had it also ...They all got rid of it do to cost and availability and maintenance on a ageing fleet ....most went gas and the bigger trucks went Diesel

tybilly

Threads
I thought brigs and Stratton recommends to swap out valves when converting to propane because propane doesn't have the lubricating properties that gasoline does,and are these small engine conversion kits a spud in type or just an aircleaner modification,and as we speak CBS is talking about hydrogen powered cars,so I cant wait for the hydrogen powered pro attachment series trimmer from stihl.

briggs

Threads
I used my BBQ at the shop today to cook eggs and Sausages and toast ...Worked awesome :thumbsup:

Terry CleanFuel

Threads
Let's tell the whole story first off she is using a propane mix that we can not get at the local hardware store.
Second it cost her daddy around 1.5 mil for her to win that year. Her team mate who also runs the same set up as her did get second she beat him in the final pass.
We all know that in her class that at one time was stock street legal the one with the money wins. I read that the team saves about 70% using propane over race fuel but still cost more per pass because of the mods to the engine.
She one the points but never had the fast time. The car or the propane did not win the driver won by her skills as her car was never the fastest.

I called my machinist and talked to him. His opinion is my 30 thousand Dollar engine would turn into a 60 thousand dollar engine with the mods to the engine and car. I would lose pull out of the corners and blow more engine because would have to run a wet sump and not a dry sump.

Susan has to do a short build after every run where as the ones using racing gas can get 4 or 5 runs as her class can not run alcohol.

If the info I have found is wrong or not in line with what you think or know then fine
But there is no need for you to be a dick

I do not even use a propane grill

A propane mix? It's HD5 the same as you use in a barbeque. Actually, yes, you are wrong as is your machinist. Actually most of your statement in incorrect.

I'd really like to see the references you site. Really! We've just been her sponsor for the last five years...

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
A propane mix? It's HD5 the same as you use in a barbeque. Actually, yes, you are wrong as is your machinist. Actually most of your statement in incorrect. I'd really like to see the references you site. Really! We've just been her sponsor for the last five years...

Ok your right every one else is wrong.
Again I do not use a propane grill

Terry CleanFuel

Threads
i got into this BS with him already u guys wont win he will post more crap why its better ,who uses it for what and so on ....I told him here in Canada it was used in the 80s and 90s on cop cars/cabs/sears Canada had over 2000 vans that ran it plus we had trucks that had it also ...They all got rid of it do to cost and availability and maintenance on a ageing fleet ....most went gas and the bigger trucks went Diesel

Heck, Briggs, this isn't a competition! I've lived with this type of misinformation for many, many years. It's normal to not trust what you don't know.

Am I always right? Oh hell no! Ask my wife! ONE thing I DO know is propane. It's all I've ever done. The propane industry thinks I'm good at it because they are always asking me to be involved with this or that. I'm a journeyman 2 Engineer in the Hydro Carbon industry as well as a graduate of Texas Tech institute on Alternative Fuels. I am part of the Rocky Mountain Propane Association Alternative Fuel Task Force. There is very little I haven't done in the propane industry.

Do I have better things to do? Probably. All I ask is that you take FACTS into consideration where propane is involved. Google is your friend here. If you don't believe me, hell! That's your prerogative! Believe the cutters who have been using it for years and benefiting from it.

Is propane the perfect fuel? Probably not. But until they find a decent way to harness hydrogen, I'm buying American...

Terry CleanFuel

Threads
Ok your right every one else is wrong.
Again I do not use a propane grill

Just who would be "every one else?"

Sorry, Bud! You're just wrong... Talk's cheap, Skooter. Let's see your documentation.

Edited to add: You do that Poppin' Johnny a disservice by posting this jibberish.

Terry CleanFuel

Threads
I thought brigs and Stratton recommends to swap out valves when converting to propane because propane doesn't have the lubricating properties that gasoline does,and are these small engine conversion kits a spud in type or just an aircleaner modification,and as we speak CBS is talking about hydrogen powered cars,so I cant wait for the hydrogen powered pro attachment series trimmer from stihl.

Actually, it was suggested to have hardened valve seats back in the late 70s. Not since the advent of unleaded fuel. Gasoline has no lubricating properties. As a solvent, it's just the opposite.

There are many different types of propane conversions. "Spud-ins" haven't been around for some time and I would avoid them. I think their use is part of the problem we are experiencing here.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just who would be "every one else?" Sorry, Bud! You're just wrong... Talk's cheap, Skooter. Let's see your documentation.
OMG did you really just call me skooter? Like you said all the info is on Google but when we read the study's that go against what you are saying you go to throwing out insults. Do you know about propane? Yes. But why is it that what you say is facts but what everyone else has to say is bullshit? For most of the people on here propane mowers are just not going to save us money or time

Terry CleanFuel

Threads
OMG did you really just call me skooter? Like you said all the info is on Google but when we read the study's that go against what you are saying you go to throwing out insults. Do you know about propane? Yes. But why is it that what you say is facts but what everyone else has to say is bullshit? For most of the people on here propane mowers are just not going to save us money or time

Post your source of these "facts." It's as simple as that.

Since your so keen on racing it's called "PUT UP OR SHUT UP".

Should I wait?

Edited to add: I am really interested in these "studies" that go against propane. Since you found them you should remember the URL, right? Cool! Post it here!