Post Pics of your Before and After Cleaning with your Ultrasonic Cleaner

And gas only sat in that carburetor for 30 days :thumbsup:

I dont know how long sat gas in that carb. The engine was full of water up through the breather where air filter sits, air filter/air filter cover missing, wrong bowl on carb, missing primer bulb, and mower was sitting outside.
 
I dont know how long sat gas in that carb. The engine was full of water up through the breather where air filter sits, air filter/air filter cover missing, wrong bowl on carb, missing primer bulb, and mower was sitting outside.

Now that I can believe. Your ultrasonic sure did a nice job. I could never get a carburetor that bad that clean with my chemical cleaner.
 
Now that I can believe. Your ultrasonic sure did a nice job. I could never get a carburetor that bad that clean with my chemical cleaner.

Here's pic of the mower that it was on. John Deere walk behind. I had to change the oil twice to get all water out. Both times the oil was changed while still hot.

IMG_20130928_185046_424_zps83c9ac3b.jpg
 
Here's pic of the mower that it was on. John Deere walk behind. I had to change the oil twice to get all water out. Both times the oil was changed while still hot.

IMG_20130928_185046_424_zps83c9ac3b.jpg

I had a neighbor with a mower that looks just like the one in your picture. He wanted me to get it running for him. What he did was run it out of oil and did a lot of engine damage to the point that when I put oil in it ran right out the bottom of the engine. He now has it for sale and asking 40 dollars for it. Would that mower be worth a engine if I bought it from him? It still looks almost like a new mower yet.
 
I had a neighbor with a mower that looks just like the one in your picture. He wanted me to get it running for him. What he did was run it out of oil and did a lot of engine damage to the point that when I put oil in it ran right out the bottom of the engine. He now has it for sale and asking 40 dollars for it. Would that mower be worth a engine if I bought it from him? It still looks almost like a new mower yet.

If all it needs is new rings, oil seals, and maybe new piston then Id buy it for $40 fix it then resell it for $150 not self propelled or $200 self propelled in the spring. The one in my pic isnt self propelled so it will be priced at $150 come spring.
 
If all it needs is new rings, oil seals, and maybe new piston then Id buy it for $40 fix it then resell it for $150 not self propelled or $200 self propelled in the spring. The one in my pic isnt self propelled so it will be priced at $150 come spring.

That would mean a no seeing I really don't think I could fix it for 160 dollars plus I would want to make money on the deal. It needs a engine because the engine case is bad. Also running it out of oil I would think the cylinder walls would be scored?
 
That would mean a no seeing I really don't think I could fix it for 160 dollars plus I would want to make money on the deal. It needs a engine because the engine case is bad. Also running it out of oil I would think the cylinder walls would be scored?

OK. Probably looking $300-400 in shortblock or complete engine then. If it was me I'd gamble on it then part it out on ebay and other site.
 
OK. Probably looking $300-400 in shortblock or complete engine then. If it was me I'd gamble on it then part it out on ebay and other site.

I haven't priced them but what could you buy a new JD self propelled mower for $400 to $500. This is why I didn't act on it unless I could find something used. I just am not a e-bay selling person. Not so much about selling on e-bay, it's shipping that I am afraid of.
 
Back
Top